Stormed off.

JDog

I had other duties in the morning so didn't get out until 2:30.

The field was harvested barley and there were a good few on when I arrived and others joining. The weather looked set fair so I set up. I shot ten in fifteen minutes then the sky went very dark and I decided to make a dash for the car leaving my kit out in the hide and the rotary spinning.

The rain following the thunder and lightening was torrential for 40 minutes then miraculously clear skies. I returned to the hide and was going well when another clap of thunder and approaching gloom made my decision for me and I packed up hastily. Before I even left the field there were pools of water everywhere.

What's wrong with you? A bit of rain for 40 minutes and you packs up. I shot through the thunderstorms and bagged 119pigeons.

My motto " never give up" obviously hasn't reached the south end of the fosse. :)

Maybe next time.

Dave K

Edited by Topgunners

Couldn't you have just 'id under the 'at?

I had other duties in the morning so didn't get out until 2:30.

The field was harvested barley and there were a good few on when I arrived and others joining. The weather looked set fair so I set up. I shot ten in fifteen minutes then the sky went very dark and I decided to make a dash for the car leaving my kit out in the hide and the rotary spinning.

The rain following the thunder and lightening was torrential for 40 minutes then miraculously clear skies. I returned to the hide and was going well when another clap of thunder and approaching gloom made my decision for me and I packed up hastily. Before I even left the field there were pools of water everywhere.