Still no dog

Man o kent

Afternoon gents. Hoping to join kent wildfowlers as planned this year, but I still don't have the lab yet. Desperate to get out there in the rain and mud this season, so I wondered if there were still parts that can be shot without a pooch, at least for this year anyway? Thanks all

I'm a member of Kent mate and I'm fortunate to have 2 labs but my mates who r also members of Kent don't have dogs and I can't always go at the same time as them or vicer verser so they shoot with the mud behind them and a decent set of chest waders jobs a goodun glad to see you have thought about the retrieval of your quary or the other option is ask another member if he would mind using his dog to retrieve your birds for you if they r working a dog

Yes there are places you can shoot without a dog and pick with relative ease you just have to be a bit selective. Try to avoid shooting in the dark and on tides where you won't be able to pick due to the flow.

Once you have joined you will soon find out areas you can shoot and bag a bird or two.

Sorry but I disagree I think that you mus have a dog or have some one with you who has one no matter where you shoot, its hard enough to retreive with a good dog.

Its fine to say make sure you drop them on safe ground but that dont happen for various reasons and that mud on the Medway sure is sticky and the vegetation is so thick in places you will never find them on your own in daylight let alone in the dark.

So sorry get a dog or a buddy with one is my advice.

If you are in a hurry for a trained dog and have deeper pockets they do come up on pets4homes occasionally and Preloved.co.uk.

They go quick if any good so its worth paying the £5 year membership to Preloved for early access to the seller details.

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/702724-fully-trained-lab-bitch-york.html

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/111250161/black-labrador-bitch.html

is a sample of what dogs come up occasionally.

You have to go see and make your mind up if the dogs is for you and will do what you want.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

Sorry but I disagree I think that you mus have a dog or have some one with you who has one no matter where you shoot, its hard enough to retreive with a good dog.

Its fine to say make sure you drop them on safe ground but that dont happen for various reasons and that mud on the Medway sure is sticky and the vegetation is so thick in places you will never find them on your own in daylight let alone in the dark.

So sorry get a dog or a buddy with one is my advice.

well if anyone WITH a dog is looking for a bit of company on the foreshore this season, I know a sarcastic, sxs shooting beer drinker, knocking on the door of 40, who is at a loose end?