Need a car for daughter

rec-baller

Ring round the main dealers and see whats come in on part ex. They take anything and just want them gone. I picked up a mint fsh audi 90 for buttons and i had it years before burying it in a saab in streatham.

Serves you right for going to Streatham. What were you thinking?

Howabout an old Saxo or 106 as said by Tractorboy? My mate had one when we were younger and it was a wreck even then. He still has it and uses it (albeit nearly 8 years later) as a runabout. Pretty bomb proof and easy to work on.

As the man says, "How about a Saxo. HID has one and it just keeps on going. Mind you she don't do a lot of mileage, either of them. Cheap as chips to insure, run, and to tax. I had a Picasso and that went on and on. OK it is a Citroen but the first car has got to be cheap and run into the ground just to get some time on the old NCD.

With a lot of experience in the son/daughter car mkt my advice with your budget would be stick with vw polo or lupo. The fords vauxhalls and Peugeots of that age will be rotten and knackered. Be patient and the right car will come up. Sons polo had full main dealer service history, 70k miles and we paid £650 for it. Remember insurance will cost more than the car!