Shotgun certificate / address ?

dhumble5

Hi all

I didn't renew my shotgun certificate as I live in tied accommodation in a school. I know the school would have objected to me having them on site which I understand.

I was speaking to a friend today who seems to think I could apply for my certificate and keep them at an address I don't reside in. ( ie a relatives house ) What's your opinion on this do any of you know if this is true.

I am sure I mentioned this to the firearms licensing and they said I could only keep the guns at the address I reside in.

Thanks

Can be done common with kids who live away from home but leave cabinet and gun at parents house (parent normally a cert holder) but not always! so it is legal as is having SGC and not owning a gun...... Unless excluded on your tenancy (check) it wouldn't be illegal to have a cabinet and store your personal firearms at your residence. Most likely a question that would get an "no" if asked but there is nothing stopping someone who lives next door to a school and who's garden adjoins the playground having a certificate!

I have done this for family and friends whilst they are moving,

For example, bro in law sold his house, moved into temp housing, told police what he had done and all his guns were now on mine and his certificates whilst the guns were "living at my house"

His son who is in the forces stores his guns at his dads house and are also on both certificates

Your best bet is to find a friend with a shotgun certificate and put your guns on both certificates, and store at his house.

I have heard of guns being stored at non cert holders houses but they must not have any access to them.

:shaun:

My friend has his shotguns and rifle at his dad's house, but his parents can have no access to them. He lives on a caravan site, and to keep them there, he would have had to have his cabinet bolted to caravan chassis, and have 3 monthly checks from FEO! He wasn't happy with that, so settled with keeping at parents. Nightmare eh?