Phone Call Today

I had a phone call this morning from one of the Farms I looked at over the weekend saying that the crows were still hitting the barley. While I was away DB had shot this field twice taking bags of 95 and 55 so I was a bit sceptical of achieving a bag. I drove down the edge of the field at approx 10.00 and spooked about fifty birds from the edge of the barley and set up . I only had two frozen crows with me and they were stiff as a board but I placed them on the barley at the edge and started to call on my Primos. All the crows came in the first hour and then it went dead. The wind changed comming form my back and I started to get a few high Pigeon fly over my and I managed to hit a few and drop them behind me. I packed up at 14.00 and managed to pick up forty eight Crows and Jackdaws and seven Pigeon. I had a few birds land in the standing crop which I left. As I drove out of the field I saw no birds at all so I had completed my task.

c5a3b834-665a-48a3-ae2a-5d2b1f157e5b_zps