SMK B19 Owners

hoggysreels

peter with the right pellet mate you should be getting under 1 inch groups at all those distances mate,, but find the pellet that suits the barrel bud, if you need any more pellets to try give me a shout

atb Evo

Cheers chaps ... will try as many different types as possible ... thing is, l reckon the grouping presently isnt down to pellets, its my lack of ability aiming lol

Norfolkgoose ... are Premier the very same pellet as Accupell ??

Im out tomorrow Bob .. taking the sbs. Have a few hours with the shotgun, then an hour practising.. lazy day Weds... in weds & thurs nights .. then holidays, can't wait .. no excuse not to get some shooting in :)

Cheers chaps ... will try as many different types as possible ... thing is, l reckon the grouping presently isnt down to pellets, its my lack of ability aiming lol

Norfolkgoose ... are Premier the very same pellet as Accupell ??

Im out tomorrow Bob .. taking the sbs. Have a few hours with the shotgun, then an hour practising.. lazy day Weds... in weds & thurs nights .. then holidays, can't wait .. no excuse not to get some shooting in :)

out shooting myself mate,,we are after the crows in the morning bud,,will certainly do better tomorrow after having a good reckie,,did ya get my pm bud,

atb Bob

Yes accupells are the same as premier only diffrence is the price premier are cheaper by a few quid and diffrent name onthe front of the tin thats for a .22 and not .177 only !

in .177 the premier are a longer pellet than the accupells in .177 and every rifle I have used hates the premier they tumble and go every where .

Anyway I diverse a bit as said try diffrenaccuracyllets as every rifle is diffrent but most 19 do seem to work well with most 14.2 to14.4 grain as said before keep a eye on you power As they can jump up very fast!! My one jumped up very high after only 900 pellets though it ..... from new out the box my one was running at 11.5 dead on superdomes as for range and power + accuracy my one is good out to 60 yards (or rather thats as far as I can shoot with it) just lots of practice with a good pellet and stay with that pellet .

Edited by norfolkgoose

• 4 weeks later...

Superdomes l'd say are the best performers accuracy wise ... BSA elite also put in a good/acceptable performance .. but imho both aforemention pellets performed better than accupells .. lve some diablo as yet not properly tested. Diablo lm guessing! ... just might be that much to heavy to achieve the best performance out of, what us, a cheap spring "B19" .22 calibre .. atb hoggy

My B20 (same as an SMK XS20) shot a full ftlb less with Superdomes for some reason, I tried RWS Superfields and they faded out to the right past 30 yards all the time, I found the light Falcon Accuracy Plus in .22 very good through mine and still humane in the field.

Mine had a Lyn Lewington tune and can shoot within 1" every shot out to 30 yards, 35 yards needs more practice and is more like 3 out of 5 within 1". Then I treated myself to an AA s400 and became a marksman over night, very tight groups very easy to achieve instantly.... :good: