first registered shoot.

kingo15

I have noticed over the past few months people have been asking about entering competitions so seeing as it was my first I thought id give an account to try and help people out and answer some questions for people.

So after much deliberation of what where and when my new competition manager will poon found me a 100 registered sporting competition via the cpsa which I completely missed. It was at sporting targets risley which is local to me.

Booked myself in for the first slot in on sunday morning 9am slot.

Got there a bit early to try and settle the nerves and get registered.

The 45 mins soon come and went, on the stroke of 9am the first golf cart was loaded up with the first group of 6. The group of guys I was with were all friendly and introduced themselves. There was another guy who had travelled up from Enfield, a couple of mate who frequently shoot together and a father and son. The son worked at the ground and his dad was a retired police officer. Our ref for the round was lance.

The first stand was the same as the one we used in the charity shoot by chance. So I calmed down a bit. First pair out killed with one shot so that settled me down a bit.

A gew stands later and started chatting to the other guys as they were asking about experience and length of time shooting etc as you do on a shoot. After I told them it was my first registered shoot and only been shooting since march, they couldn't of been more helpful giving ideas on length of lead etc as id mentioned I struggled with longer birds and towers etc.

But the whole shoot they kept on giving me encouragement when I scored well on a stand and more ideas of where they thought id gone wrong on stands I'd made a few mistakes.

The only mistake I really made was on the rules, on simultaneous pairs didnt realise that if one bird comes out ok and you hit it but the second bird is a no bird then you shoot the pair again obviously but the kill doesn't count, so I concentrated on the second bird more thinking the first was established. Well I know now.

Anyway finished the round on a 69 ex 100. Was pleased with my overall score never blanked a stand which was my main goal and to score over 50 which I did.

Learnt a few things which will help in the future im sure.

Got the next few sorted out now and looking forward to them.

To all those that are thinking about it and are unsure then go for it.

Im glad I did it now.

Good shooting mark for your first reg 100esp, you did a hell of a lot better than I did on my first reg shoot a few years back.

My advice is to shoot as many different clubs/comps as you can, if you have time on the weekends you can travel to as many different grounds as you wish to gain experience :yes:

Edit.

Btw.. I want 75% of future winnings :whistling:

Edited by Willpoon

Good shooting mark for your first reg 100esp, you did a hell of a lot better than I did on my first reg shoot a few years back.

My advice is to shoot as many different clubs/comps as you can, if you have time on the weekends you can travel to as many different grounds as you wish to gain experience :yes:

Edit.

Btw.. I want 75% of future winnings :whistling:

Haha ill buy you lunch next month lol