which rifle bsaR10 weihrauchhw 100ks/t

newgunintown

Hi all, new to air rifles and have done a bit of research however i am still stuck on the choice of these two pcps! I love the look of the bsa and the extra shot count however the rep it has for reliability puts me off? can anyone tell me if the 2014 models are now relatively problem free? the weihrauch hw100 ks or kt also appeal because of their alleged build quality and the plain mechanics of the load system, i.e. not able to load two pellets at a time etc.... any guidance would be much appreciated.

I have a bsa r10 mk2 and it shoots 5p size groups at 35 yards and I have never had any issues with power loss or leaking air. My mate has a weihrauch hw100 and it is a lovely gun but in my opinion the r10 would still be at the top of my list if I was to start over again.

Cheers

Tim

I wouldn't buy an R10 new. I'd get a second hand one and then with the money you saved, send it off for a tune and regulator change. Then it will be one of the best guns on the market! I don't like the HW100, but that's because of personal reasons - i don't like the look and the stocks are uncomfortable for me. The only quantifiable thing that splits them really is shot count - it's tiny in comparison to the R10.

HW aren't completely devoid of issues you know. Problems with leaks aren't unusual, as is the power creeping up over time to beyond the 12ft/lb mark. But I'm lead to believe that servicing and stripping a 100 yourself is a complete beggar, where as the R10 is pretty straightforward. someone can correct me on that though?

Hope I haven't made things more complicated for you!

(welcome to the site, btw :good: )

Thanks guys for the info.....any thoughts on the daystate wolverine .177? really stretching my budget but....

Give it a while and Evo will be on. The trick isn't so much getting him to talk about it, it's getting him to shut up that's the hard part! :P Joking aside, his is a thing of beauty to be sure.

by all accounts it's amazing. I've not shot one though. li'l bit to heavy and expensive for my tastes!

Edited by chrisjpainter

I wouldn't buy an R10 new. I'd get a second hand one and then with the money you saved, send it off for a tune and regulator change. Then it will be one of the best guns on the market! I don't like the HW100, but that's because of personal reasons - i don't like the look and the stocks are uncomfortable for me. The only quantifiable thing that splits them really is shot count - it's tiny in comparison to the R10.

HW aren't completely devoid of issues you know. Problems with leaks aren't unusual, as is the power creeping up over time to beyond the 12ft/lb mark. But I'm lead to believe that servicing and stripping a 100 yourself is a complete beggar, where as the R10 is pretty straightforward. someone can correct me on that though?

Hope I haven't made things more complicated for you!

(welcome to the site, btw :good: )

I fully agree with Chris here. I didnt even have to think about this. Where I would spend my hard earnt would be:

BSA R10 mk2 .177 - I would buy second hand and send to either XTX or John Bowkett and have it shrouded tuned and a tench reg/HuMu reg and finish it off with a big custom after market bolt-knob.

The HW100 is ment to be a very good and rated rilfe .......but they too have issues, theres good and bad examples with all brands. I just dont like side leavers and didnt like the stock on the HW100.

ATB

Matt

I have shot both, and currently own the new Weihrauch HW 100 with the new Laminate stock, Yes the shot count is less compared to the BSA but the HW 100 is so smooth to load and so quiet you think its under powered, my all time best Gun used to be my Rapid 12 but the HW tops it in my opinion.

Chris

HW100 for me. Absurdly consistent and accurate. Can't double load it, quiet as a mouse. Regulated from the off. I didn't like the old thumbhole stock as it was a bit primitive, but the new ones are really nice, so nice, I treated mine to one! I have the Karbine, the full length I felt was just to heavy to lug around. 40+ shots before a top up. Easy to service yourself if you have a modicum of common sense.

Thanks again guys for your comments it is much appreciated, I am already leaning to the weihrauch HW100Kt , which would be more to my budget but i could stretch to the daystate wolverine B...... can anyone comment on this rifle as it also appeals to me.

however there does not seem to be much about them on the net yet in .177 only the fac 303. Evo could i trouble you for your opinion please? Thanks again lads.

HW100 for me. Absurdly consistent and accurate. Can't double load it, quiet as a mouse. Regulated from the off. I didn't like the old thumbhole stock as it was a bit primitive, but the new ones are really nice, so nice, I treated mine to one! I have the Karbine, the full length I felt was just to heavy to lug around. 40+ shots before a top up. Easy to service yourself if you have a modicum of common sense.

You surprised me with a 40+ shotcount, that's the same as my S200 which is a lot less money, much lighter and just as accurate.

I am a big Daystate fan but wouldnt touch a Wolverine or anytrhing thats left the DS factory in the last 2 years without a good trial first.

If you can stetch to a Wolverine you can more than cover the cost of an R10 and the tuning, infact I bet you could buy a scope spare mag a sleeve of pellets and still have change over buying a Wolverine.

ATB

Matt

You surprised me with a 40+ shotcount, that's the same as my S200 which is a lot less money, much lighter and just as accurate.

Whatever you prefer..........but the op's post was about bsa or HW, not an s200, so a bit of an irrelevant reply :yes: Also on the point of accuracy, the s200 isn't regulated, unlike the HW100, so you will have a power curve that WILL affect accuracy.

Edited by turbo33

opened a can of worms here :lol:

weihrauch owners will say get one of them, R10 owners will tell you to get the bsa

personally I had an R10 and it was superb, really really good, broke my heart when had to sell when work dried up and mortgage had to be paid.

the long and short of it is that they are both quality rifles, some people will have had problems with their brand new rifles irrespective of make so try not to put off by the odd negative comment.

go take a look at them at see what feels best for you.

but just to recap GET THE R10 :good::lol:

Whatever you prefer..........but the op's post was about bsa or HW, not an s200, so a bit of an irrelevant reply :yes: Also on the point of accuracy, the s200 isn't regulated, unlike the HW100, so you will have a power curve that WILL affect accuracy.

I agree, the original post was about BSA or HW so it may be irrelevant, however my S200 gets 45 shots within 20 fps or 35 within 10fps so a regulator doesn't improve things that much, especially when the reg drops off the pressure and chucks out some loopy figures, or the gun goes over power when run in which the HW100 is well known for.

I merely commented that I was surprised that an expensive regulated air rifle has a shot count similar to my unregulated S200.

Regards

Tim

Give it a while and Evo will be on. The trick isn't so much getting him to talk about it, it's getting him to shut up that's the hard part! :P Joking aside, his is a thing of beauty to be sure.

by all accounts it's amazing. I've not shot one though. li'l bit to heavy and expensive for my tastes!

evo has previously owned an R10, sold only I believe to help fund the new Daystate wolverine

sure I will be corrected if wrong

This is getting like Waiting for Godot with Evo - he will come!

I think.

Maybe Tomorrow

:lol::lol: :lol: God has arrived,, sorry chaps I,ve been up the wall getting NV kits ready,

newgunintown Evo could i trouble you for your opinion please?

if you want my honest opinion then depending on budget, get the r10mk2 and get it tuned by xtx its an awesome piece of kit and I was very impressed with mine for reliability and accuracy,

if you can stretch your budget a bit further then you would be an absolute fool NOT to buy the Wolverine b and I hate to say this but buy it in .177,,yes chris I can hear you laughing :friends:

the Daystate wolverine b has done nothing but astonish me since I bought it new , the feel of the rifle is superb, cocking is super smooth, you also cannot double load it which is brilliant in a hunting situation,the accuracy of the wolverine is unreal so much so when I use it I have every faith in dropping whatever its pointed at,

I have only had one fault on the wolverine so far and that was the magazine was too tight and was not selecting the 10th pellet, I slackened it off and the rifle has been totally faultless,

you will get 250 shots per charge and it will honestly open your eyes for just how smooth and accurate it is ,

I sold my Huntsman classic and my r10mk2 to buy the wolverine b and whilst waiting for it to be built wondered if I had made a big mistake but after using it for a while now I can honestly say it was the best decision I ever made(well except marrying the wife), had to say that she,s sitting next to me,

the choice is get a r10mk2 xtx tuned (AWSOME) OR wolverine b out the box(UNREAL)

hw100 too heavy although deadly accurate,

my opinion is get the wolverine b .177

heres a pic of my r10mk2 and a pic of the wolverine b

r10mk2

bsar10mk2001_zpsae5418aa.jpg

and the wolverine b .177

daystatewolverine177020_zps225afde0.jpg

wolverine b .177 (top) and Daystate Airwolf .22 (bottom)

wolverineandairwolf002_zpsf78b9d1b.jpg

get the Daystate Wolverine b,,you will never look back but if you can,t stretch that far do as chrispainter said and get an r10mk2 xtx tuned

hope this helps

I,ll shut up now chris :lol::lol: :lol: :good:

atb Evo

I had this dilema

being totally new

I went and tried the feel of the guns

I came away with the R10 Mk2 super carbine pack gun-scope-bag

the gun fits me perfectly

the scope I am trying out before trying alternates.

NV on order with evo(Bob)

picture

IMG_0436.jpg

Edited by v40tc