change of address

Change of address. Notify FLO within 7days of the move.

Storage depends on how far and how long they'd be out of cabinet. I only moved 12 miles so the cabinet was the last thing I removed and the first thing I fitted all on the same day.

It's printed on the front of your certificate !

"The holder of the certificate must, without undue delay, inform the chief officer of police by whom the certificate was granted of any change in his permanent address"

As far as security is concerned, that is your responsibility. Safe keeping of your firearms is paramount and you should make what arrangements are practical and secure for your own circumstances. Usually, as KFC says, removing and re-installing your cabinet on the day of the move is the simplest option. See condition 4 a on your certificate.

So to put it simply, inform FLO of the move and the day of the move and if possible have the cabinet reinstalled into new address on the same day?

Yes, just make the cabinet installation a "must-do" task on the day of the move and get your tools, bolts, whatever all sorted - you'll probably need your tools handy anyway so just make sure you've already got any fixings ready as well.

When I moved house, the movers did the vast majority of stuff but I personally moved my cabinet and guns and some essential tools. On the day of the move I installed the cabinet into the new house having previosuly bought a selction of coach bolts, etc. and put the guns in. I can't remember exactly when I informed the firearms office but it would have been either that same day or, more than likely, a few days later. I guess there is nothing stopping you doing that prior to the move though - might be easier.