Miroku 6000SP-1 ejectors

Oxfordshooter

Hi there,

My Miroku dated from 1986, which I've owned for two years is playing up. A cart either spent or live seems to occasionally get stuck under the ejector on the top barrel. I have to wiggle it about with my fingers to get it out, the gun won't close when this happens. Last weekend I had to break apart the gun and shake the barrels upside down to get the spent cart out, which was a pain.

I'm presuming that this ejector is worn out, but can they be adjusted at all? I paid £550 for the gun from a dealer and am wondering whether it's worth investing money in getting it fixed, other than thin bluing on the barrels, the gun is just fine. Any ideas on how much this could cost to repair/replace the part?

Last question, can anybody recommend a decent gun shop near Oxford that does repairs? I bought the gun from the Oxford Gun Company, but every time I've been in the shop and dealt with a member of their staff they've spoken to me like I'm an idiot, so I'm keen to not give them any more custom.

Thanks.

Depending how worn the ejector is, some gunsmiths will bend the ejector a fraction to prevent trapping the shell head but sooner or later it will have to be replaced. I would suggest finding an independent smith by asking other shooters if no one on here comes up with anyone.

I have the same gun exactly and I had that problem on a very busy day in the hide.

My solution was to take it to Francis Lovel in Witney. They sent it away and all has been fine for the last 10,000 cartridges. Two new ejectors were fitted.

The shop is manned by Gentlemen who will not deal with you as you have been dealt with in other places.

I have the same problem with miroku at the min and it will be going to either get the ejectors re-worked or new fitted.

Some gun smiths will do a good job of re-working them i had my old ore done 15 years ago i put 30k shells throw it before giving it to my god-son to use and is still spitting the out without a problem

I have the same gun exactly and I had that problem on a very busy day in the hide.

My solution was to take it to Francis Lovel in Witney. They sent it away and all has been fine for the last 10,000 cartridges. Two new ejectors were fitted.

The shop is manned by Gentlemen who will not deal with you as you have been dealt with in other places.

What was the price for two new ejectors ?

Hi there,

In answer to your question - I got my Miroku 6000SP-1 back from the gunsmiths today. It wasn't as costly as I feared, they charged me £150 for adjusting both ejectors, a new firing pin & spring plus a MOT/service.

It could have been worse, apparently new ejectors are £80 each.

ATB

J

Hi there,

In answer to your question - I got my Miroku 6000SP-1 back from the gunsmiths today. It wasn't as costly as I feared, they charged me £150 for adjusting both ejectors, a new firing pin & spring plus a MOT/service.

It could have been worse, apparently new ejectors are £80 each.

ATB

J

:good:

i am still waiting to hear back about mine i am fearing the worst :lol: