BASC Young Shots Introductory Day 24/07/2014 (South East)

whybrow

Hi Everyone,

Today was the first of many BASC Young Shot Days running throughout the school holidays and what a fantastic event it was for such little outlay, £25!!!! Amazing and clearly worth more than that for a full day of activities, provision of BASC caps and pins etc.

It was held at Plumpton college, East Sussex and despite a long drive from home it was well worth it. I would like to thank all of the guys and Justin Clarke for the organisation and execution of the day, it was very informative, educational and engaging. I believe there was approx 40 attendees and all were engaged. I also noted it was nicely split between the sexes and this reflects on the efforts of the BASC towards engaging females to the sport.

There was Clay Shooting (Great to actually meet jimmyb79, who was coaching at the event), Archery, Air rifle shooting and learning aspects of Game keeping.

My son Jaydon loved the event and it will prepare him for the progression day at Honnington Farm, Kent on 8th August where the young shots will participate in a simulated game shoot!

The coaching staff and Justin arranged for my youngest boy to clay shoot after the event as he changed his mind on attending this morning as he has developed a fear of shooting after being coached with a semi auto with 28g cart, following 2 months of weekly tuition with a .410 O/U. It was a mistake made by someone that I have been unsuccessful in overcoming for several months. Ten minutes with these guys on his own and he was comfortably shooting again. The smile on his face at the end spoke a thousand words.

Many thanks to BASC, Justin, Colin and James, who with understanding and patience, have quashed his fear to shoot and after receiving encouragement and reassurance from you all he has now stated that he would like to take it up again! What an amazing achievement and a clear demonstration of how a organisation, with professional staff can and do manage to engage and develop the younger generation.

I am so glad that my children were able to attend and if any other parent is considering their child's participation on such an event, I would thoroughly recommend it!

Well done BASC!

(I have no interest to declare towards BASC other than membership)

www.whybrow.me