Information required.

owo1-man

Been getting into a few Clay's of late using other peoples guns and am looking for a dedicated gun, choice is down to 3 being, Lincoln Gold, Bettinsoli Diamond and Franchi Alcione, 12 gauge and 28/30 inch.

Plus and minus points would be of great value please, no variations on price and only a new gun considered, so no other guns starting with B's will be considered.

Many thanks in advance.

I've got a Bettinsoli. Love it, great gun, but the mechanisms aren't the greatest in the world. If the selector isn't all the way over, they can have a slight tendency to doublefire.

First time it happened to me while out rabbiting, I thought I'd loaded a fox shell by mistake. I think a death ray would have caused only slightly more damage

Out of the ones you list there much of a muchness. Pick the one you like the most and which feels the best balanced in your hands, that way you'll be happy.

Sorry but you are going to get the buy a good second hand B gun or miroku and for a good reason, your choice in the end and your money.

If your not interested in the same gun as the majority of educated dedicated clay shooters why not plumb for a Baikal as a good solid gun.

Whatever you buy fit is essential but buy the gun you want and get it fitted to you.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Why not ask the users of these makes of gun at your local clay ground, see if they have had any problems with them ? Just be prepared in 12 months time, IF you are still shooting and want a better gun, to take a fair drop in trade in price or private sale. People buy the top 3 makes for a reason, that is why they are the TOP 3.

Been getting into a few Clay's of late using other peoples guns and am looking for a dedicated gun, choice is down to 3 being, Lincoln Gold, Bettinsoli Diamond and Franchi Alcione, 12 gauge and 28/30 inch.

Plus and minus points would be of great value please, no variations on price and only a new gun considered, so no other guns starting with B's will be considered.

Many thanks in advance.

Then they should be :yes:

For the price of the guns you mention new you will get a good S/H gun that will if looked after be worth the same when its sold as it was when it was brought .

Fact is Beretta , Browning and Miroku are the most common guns on the clay ground for a good reason , why handicap yourself.

Dad brought a new betinsoli nice looking gun. But has been said the mechanism is horrible imo. Yes I am comparing to my new browning but even so. If you can cope with that then go for which ever one suits you gun fit wise the best.

Have to agree with most of the comments above.For the price of a brand new model of the makes you have stated, you could get a very good second hand Beretta, Miroku or Browning, which will last you much longer than any of those you've mentioned and if you look after it will still have a resale value higher than any second hand versions of the ones you've mentioned. They are desirable guns and hold their value for a reason.

Are you looking to buy brand new or used the 3 mention loose money fast second hand which makes them cheap! I have a soft spot for franchi (now owned by beretta) if looking new there is better value out there IMO. Don't discount a fixed choke gun for clays!

Went out on one of my permissions today and during that an old friend turned up, conversation got around to which sort of gun for this and that when he told me he "only" had Beretta's and Browning's, when asked why he said because everyone else that he shoots with had them ?

Asked him what model/type they were and he did'nt know! err Silver Pigeon Mk2, Semi Auto, 2 Browning's not sure which !!

Seem's as though there's some peer pressure out there meaning that you have to have what's seen to be "The Gun" to be seen out there with when shooting/posturing.

When I spoke with my local RFD later his opinion was much like mine the gun fires the shot, you aim it , if you miss that's your fault, 6k gun look's nice, 1k gun still kills things if your aim is on target, with the amount of shells that most of us/you would pump through during a season I still cannot fathom why you must have "The Gun" as opposed to one that still gets a result without breaking your bank account.

Take into account that the 3 most popular cars in England are Ford and Vauxhall, not Audi,BMW,Lambo. They get you from A to B and only cost what you can afford, point taken!!

Went out on one of my permissions today and during that an old friend turned up, conversation got around to which sort of gun for this and that when he told me he "only" had Beretta's and Browning's, when asked why he said because everyone else that he shoots with had them ?

Asked him what model/type they were and he did'nt know! err Silver Pigeon Mk2, Semi Auto, 2 Browning's not sure which !!

Seem's as though there's some peer pressure out there meaning that you have to have what's seen to be "The Gun" to be seen out there with when shooting/posturing.

When I spoke with my local RFD later his opinion was much like mine the gun fires the shot, you aim it , if you miss that's your fault, 6k gun look's nice, 1k gun still kills things if your aim is on target, with the amount of shells that most of us/you would pump through during a season I still cannot fathom why you must have "The Gun" as opposed to one that still gets a result without breaking your bank account.

Take into account that the 3 most popular cars in England are Ford and Vauxhall, not Audi,BMW,Lambo. They get you from A to B and only cost what you can afford, point taken!!

Go buy a bett-anch-con brand new and enjoy....... just don't expect any sympathy when it breaks, fan fires, double discharges then takes months and several trips to be repaired and you get offered an insult in partx for it.... when you decide to cut your losses....

Or buy a baikal and win the gold medal..... (afterall the gun has nothing to do with it)

I don't think anyone was criticising your choices, but rather trying to help you avoid making a choice you would likely regret. Out of those you mentioned, the Franchi would be my choice as the company is now owned ( I think it still is) by Beretta and they are in my experience very under rated guns. Or buy one of the others, it's entirely your choice. The only thing to bear in mind is that if/when you come to sell, it's trade-in price will be extremely poor when compared to one of the more established makes, even if you buy one secondhand.

Have you considered a Lanber DeLuxe Sporting? Very under rated and exceedingly good value for money; handle very similarly to the 101.

I can understand your reluctance to bow to perceived peer pressure, but Berettas (especially the older models) Brownings and Miroku are best sellers for a reason.

Edited by Scully

You get what you want end of the day i think people sell them to go up the ladder as such for eg people will go from a silver pigeon to a 682 to a dt 10 or they go down the grade route better wood better engraving i no that that doesent help you it anymore neither does a 6000 pound mx2000 perrazi i think its peice of mind an so on same with the brownings my 682 from the late 1980s i think .my beretta was used by a farm hand for decoying pheasants an so on ive had it 9 years he had it from new my father noes him . the only thing whats gone wrong with it his the trigger gaurd coming loose no double discharge or anything like that im not saying buy a beretta or browning or miruko get what feels best for you but such as others have said theres a reason people buy them ramble other hope this helps

On Guntrader tonite there are 1168 Berretta's and 1169 Brownings, if they are so good why is everyone selling them ??

To upgrade to a newer model? They are high in numbers because the demand is there. There aren't less Bettinsolis (for example) for sale because the owners are hanging on to them, but more likely because they are made in much lower numbers.

You asked for information and 'plus' 'minus' points. People have given you the 'minus' points because from their experience there aren't many 'plus' points to choose from in those you've selected. If you want a new model of one of those you've selected, then get one. It's your choice.

On Guntrader tonite there are 1168 Berretta's and 1169 Brownings, if they are so good why is everyone selling them ??

A lot of those are new guns dealers are listing (check the price of new ones and used ones & factor vat is 20%) now look at the ones you are interested in and do the same.....

If you want to be different buy a miroku.....

Nest of viper's come to mind, upgrading because it's got nice "wood" cannot cut it for myself, do you think the pigeon/clay notices this when it falls out of the sky ?, gauge,lop,barrel length all do it for me, remember when Skoda were deemed only of value when the tank was full!! Look at them now.

Time move's on but not for some it would seem, sorry I even asked.

Last input on this, goodnight and god bless.

Nest of viper's come to mind, upgrading because it's got nice "wood" cannot cut it for myself, do you think the pigeon/clay notices this when it falls out of the sky ?, gauge,lop,barrel length all do it for me, remember when Skoda were deemed only of value when the tank was full!! Look at them now.

Time move's on but not for some it would seem, sorry I even asked.

Last input on this, goodnight and god bless.

Eh? The choice is yours. You asked for opinions; you can hardly complain when those opinions don't meet your expectations. Again, the choice is yours; it's simple.

Incidently, Skoda, I believe, were bought by Volkswagen; one of the most successful car manufacturers in the world. That is why people 'look at them now'.

Quite simple , lots of those berettas and brownings will be 20 or 30 years old and still have the same left in them , there are more on the S/H market because there are more sold .

There will not be lots of Lincoln , Bettinsoli etc because by the time they are that age they will have most likely been scrapped.

I am currently shooting a 26 year old browning that still looks and feels like new.

You come across as thinking you know best and at the end of the day its your cash spend it on what you like , but as you would get a Beretta / Browning or Miroku S/H for the same price you are willing to pay new for a inferior gun its a bit of a no brainer for me.