Anybody shoot beadless?

Guest cookoff013

I carelessly knocked the brass bead off a Browning B2000 S/A. I shot it several times without the sight and it didn't seem to make a scrap of difference to my shooting. I never look at the sight just the target. I don't like these big glow type sights either and find them very off putting.

Edited by Whitebridges

Guest cookoff013

cool, i`m after a new semi auto, but every gun these days has a lighthouse strapped on the end. i have replaced my previous lighthouses with a bras, but i`ve never shot beadfree.

cool, i`m after a new semi auto, but every gun these days has a lighthouse strapped on the end. i have replaced my previous lighthouses with a bras, but i`ve never shot beadfree.

Are they adding them on new guns then now? My SX3 has a little brass pip that used to be white and I cant say I ever paid is any attention, come to think of it it might have one mid way also- couldn't give a monkeys about them. I have a rough old gun that some fool fitted the bead off centre on, never miss off to one side with it (too busy looking at the bird)

although all of my guns have a bead or some sort of front sight I never ever notice the sight at all when shooting moving targets of any kind. The only time that I might use the bead is when a sitter comes into a nearby tree that I haven't been able to shoot as it landed. this is when I'm most likely to miss, bead or no bead.

Go on be a Devil, go topless and remove both the bead and the 'bra', apart from being cooler it should not affect your shooting BUT I can not speak for those around you !

Edited by Westley