Over and Under for wildfowling and everything else

grahamch

Some help please, am after recommendations for an o/u to be ised for wildfowling, game, clays etc.

Have been looking at local dealers and seem to be told one thing byone shop and another by another about the same model gun.

Requirements are 28 inch barrels, left hand stock, must be superior steel proof. Not really bothered about multi chokes.

My budget is around £2k which may seem a lot for a gun to be used on the shore but I want a quality product.

Edited by grahamch

Needs to be open choked or MC for HP steel!

Do you need 3.5" chambers? Or 3" enough? Loads of 3" steel proof OU not so many with cast on stocks.B525 and 725 certainly are available cast on as are beretta 68 series

Lincoln do a wild fowler not sure on stock. Why 28" tubes?

I would buy two. I for the marsh and one for other shooting. A two grand gun would get ruined on the marsh.

Not necessarily. I took my Beretta silver pigeon 4 on the marsh for three or four seasons and I didn't ruin it. Not quite £2000, but the premise is the same.

Some help please, am after recommendations for an o/u to be ised for wildfowling, game, clays etc.

Have been looking at local dealers and seem to be told one thing byone shop and another by another about the same model gun.

Requirements are 28 inch barrels, left hand stock, must be superior steel proof. Not really bothered about multi chokes.

My budget is around £2k which may seem a lot for a gun to be used on the shore but I want a quality product.

I picked up an 8yr old less than 500 shot Browning waterfowl for £600, it was £100 to have it puled (left) and 10 mm off the length.

3" chambers and 30" barrels.

The for end is a little fat for my liking but in time a 325 piece of wood will come along and I will put that on.

Nice piece of kit as I have matched it as close to my 325 as possible..

Shot a few pigeons with it but need to take it out on a couple of days to get swinging with it.

TEH

I would buy two. I for the marsh and one for other shooting. A two grand gun would get ruined on the marsh.

+ 1

I use a browning gold I bought a few years ago for £550. Great gun. I only take my expensive double eight out when I know it isn't going to pee down ( and when I can get someone else to carry it) LOL

You can get plenty of quality new & second hand guns for under £1000.

I have used my Franche OU 3" steel proffed for clays, pigeons, walked up & driven birds and both inshore & foreshore goose & duck. It cost £600 7 years ago and still works (if I can manage to see the dam things in the air) been serviced a couple of times and no issues

SxS totally different to an OU that fits..... that said 3" chambered 28" OU with wood furniture are about as common as they come just make sure its has fleur de llys proof (some beretta don't..)

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/results.php?&Filter[NewType][]=Shotgun&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Over%20and%20Under&Filter[Calibre][]=12%20gauge&Filter[Chamber][]=3&Filter[Chamber][]=3%22&Filter[barrelLength][Min]=27.6.000&Filter[barrelLength][Max]=29.000&Filter[Price][Min]=200&Filter[Price][Max]=2200

300+ to choose from

Why not buy your nice gun for game and clays and a second hand semi auto for fowling and some pigeons.

Not many use a 28" gun for fowling even the manufacturers fowling guns were normally 32" or longer sometimes.

Also not many use a fowling gun for game and clays.

Any modern 3" steel proofed gun will fit the bill for a solo can do all gun.

I use a 26" barreled Winchester SX3 for my fowling with a aftermarket choke it's only a half inch shorter than my clay gun but soaks up the recoils of non tox steel carts better.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Correct, only some people forget "wildfowling" is below the high water mark. mud, saltwater and sand on a nice wanut / blued 2k gamegun in a muddy hole in the dark? Not for me