Over and Under for wildfowling and everything else

grahamch

Never knew Beretta done a 3 1/2" chambered silver pigeon.

Be carefull of the way a Cynergy is actioned with the sliding quadrants inside the action fences, any sand or grit marks it or you get galling it's very hard to fix. I've had two Cynergies one a 30" and a 32". Most gun shops don't like them, had a job selling mine the shop wouldn't even make me an offer and it was like new. You can find a browning 425 Waterfowl it will be a much better gun.

Yildiz do a nice cheap Wildfowling gun.

Figgy

Never knew Beretta done a 3 1/2" chambered silver pigeon.

Be carefull of the way a Cynergy is actioned with the sliding quadrants inside the action fences, any sand or grit marks it or you get galling it's very hard to fix. I've had two Cynergies one a 30" and a 32". Most gun shops don't like them, had a job selling mine the shop wouldn't even make me an offer and it was like new. You can find a browning 425 Waterfowl it will be a much better gun.

Yildiz do a nice cheap Wildfowling gun.

Figgy

The 3 1/2" sxs ? Or do they do a o/u ?

Beretta's 3.5 o/u has been on the market a fair While' possibly nearly ten yrs. I believe the model was/is called the White oynx.

Its basically a 68 series Gun "a well proven and popular model" with a plain action and basic Timber.

I considered one before opting for something else' Sounds to me like a good compromise with the 29inch barrel for what your looking for' as an all rounder.

Beretta's First 3.5 Steel shot proof O/U was called The 686 onyx pro and it has 28inch Tubes' just what the mans after.

It has a Wide beavertail forend and Gel-tek recoil pad which would Suit a Gun for fowling.

Not sure if this gun is still available new' as i think it has now evolved into the SP Steel as the one Tony G has.

I was a member of club Beretta While it Existed and got regular Updates on new products.

The catalogue I have in front of me is dated 2003 So you may have to look around for a second hand one if you insist on 28inch barrels then This could be the Gun your After.

• 2 weeks later...

The blueing on my Browning 425 has been poor since I bought it and is very susceptible to rust despite being cleaned soon after every trip over the seawall, and oiled beforehand. Two nice dents in the rib also from being dropped (even though in a thick floating type slip) whilst scrambling about on the marsh, but that's down to my carelessness I guess. Other than that it's never let me down in its ability to go bang when the trigger is pulled ( including lots of rounds on clays), fires anything you care to put through it, and scrubs up ok for beaters day. Recommended.

Steve