Few crows this morning.

eccles

Not been out for months on the crows :sad1: until last week shooting crows flying over the farm buildings had 1 jackdaw 1 rook and 80 + jackdaws.

Had lost all interest in shotgun shooting but last week got me going again. :)

Decided last night to head for a farm 1/2 hours drive away. Did call there other day on passing blinking hundreds there.

Loads flying into the next farms barley no permission on that farm yet. Thought i would ambush them as they headed for the barley.

Loaded up my truck with my kit last night ready for a early start. Got up at 5 quick breakfast ,sarnies flasks and fed the dogs.

Left at just after 5.45 for a drive to farm,turned into the field that i had planed to set up on ,not happy blinking field set up for horse trotting :lol:

Back over the main road where i'd seen another flight line other day so decided to set up by the ditch which crows had been using for water.

Up with the hide out with the deeks had a coffee and my smoke. :lol: not a lot moving .

After a hour or so they started to come just one's mostly with the odd pair. Shot some corking high one's and long crossers very few came in close but close enough :lol: Lot dropping over hedge behind no permission same farm as otherside of main road so where left ,others dropped in ditch and on otherside of it to far round to collect. Phil the farmer came on his quad on the field i was shooting and i dropped a cracking high carrion Phil shouting that was some shot.

He came over for a quick chat and a look at the dead crows,then he said don't go in that ditch to get them dead one's or you will be up to your neck in it.

Got to hot by 12 and blinking flies dead birds where covered in them. Picked them up quick ,quick pics and home.

88 shots fired 1 miss 2 second barrels 2 finished on floor before they did a runner. :lol:

Pics of hide,ditch etc.

post-40804-0-29074300-1406384557_thumb.jpg

post-40804-0-25625200-1406384661_thumb.jpg

picpost-40804-0-43655300-1406384714_thumb.jpg

post-40804-0-88018200-1406384678_thumb.jpg

Brilliant Terry do like reading about your outings. Nice to hear you have some enthusiasm back towards the shotgun. I do sometimes miss the shotgun but I used mine for clay shooting and eight years of comps nearly draining all my resources still leaves a bad taste. As ever crackin shoot mate. Darran.

Brilliant Terry do like reading about your outings. Nice to hear you have some enthusiasm back towards the shotgun. I do sometimes miss the shotgun but I used mine for clay shooting and eight years of comps nearly draining all my resources still leaves a bad taste. As ever crackin shoot mate. Darran.

Cheers Darran :good: did a lot of DTL myself years ago does drain the cash. :yes: atb Terry

A good read and some very sharp shooting by the sounds of it , well done .

Cheers Fenboy :good: i hate missing crows :yes: atb Terry

good to see ya back out on the blacks terry,

nothing better bud, I,m out later after them as they are flighting back home over one of my perms

atb Evo

Cheers Bob :good: hope you whack some bud :yes: atb Terry

Great result Terry ... glad your back with vengence mate lol ....atb hoggy

Cheers Peter :good: i just love them really :lol: atb Terry

Nice write up and a good bag :good:

Cheers bud atb Terry

Good to see you back at them Terry sounds like you did a cracking job.

as Evo said I've got about 200 mixed corvids fly to roost over one of my farms shame theyre all 80/100 metres up :(

Atb P.T

Cheers Paul :good: get a 30mt tower built then you should get them :) atb Terry

Edited by eccles

Excellent shooting Terry. Well done. :good:

Cheers Steve :good: The field i had planned on is the 1 on the right of the track where we shot. Only grass on that now but over the far hedge barley i wanted to catch them flying in.

The tent lads and people from show had been there last few days so think must have spooked off the crows :sad1: ,blinking hundreds there other day when i looked.

Never mind they will be back this week no doubt. :) atb Terry

Edited by eccles

Good read that Terry, I was there :good: :good: Sounds like you were on fire matey :good::good:

Cheers Marc :good: bit warm after about 10.30 nice cloud before :yes: the blinking thing know when i'm having a smoke 1 always appears when i'm either rolling or puffing :lol: atb Terry

Missed one! I am never reading your posts again.

How could you lose interest in crow shooting when you are so good at it?

:lol: JDog Think the lost interest bit was to do with my bad back 3 disc's fxxked found it hard going getting to where i wanted to set up. But bought myself a cheap Vitara last week now i can get to where i want without lugging my kit about. Great yesterday just drove to where i wanted to be put with the kit,drove truck 50 odd yards away set up and off to go,same packing up :yahoo: Find shooting crows the easiest of birds to shoot ,maybe its because iv'e been blasting them for years. :) atb Terry

Ditto, Terry your the man.

Cheers PC :good: if i shot every pigeon in my area i would not get one of your quieter days. :sad1: only a few fields of any crops all blinking sheep and cows :lol: atb Terry

well done as always terry :good: , i was up your way yesterday again , im always amazed at the amount of corvids , especially since ive seen how many of them you get through every year lol :good:

Cheers Bud :good: call in anytime when your up this way, just pm me and i'll give you my number and address atb Terry

Well done Terry :good:

Was in North Wales yesterday on the Crows too with Magman,plenty about,very good day,we got 63 and 14 Pigeon picked :)

Cheers Jeff :good: just seen your great days shooting bud great stuff :good: atb Terry