RAC Shambolic Service!

bullet boy

My friend messaged me yesterday to say that her gear stick went loose on her car and she'd rung the RAC Brrakdown Service who said they'd be with her within the hour.

I messaged her about 2 hours later to ask how was the car and she said she was still waiting for arrival of RAC!

3 hours and 10 mins later they turned up!!

I told my friend to make a formal complaint and to withdraw her policy as soon as she possibly could!

A woman on her on own in very hot temperatures is a joke waiting over 3hours for a Breakdown service!

I can assure you I will not be using RAC ever!

I went with a company through A comparison site,.i think they are called first call or first choice!

Full cover for around £50 for a 20 year old car. Cambelt snapped on the M1 and they were there is 40 mins. Once I told him it was a cambelt, the car was loaded and away we went.

Car dropped off in Alfreton and I scrapped it. Bought a Mk3 fiesta for £250 and went on our merry way! SWMBO thought the holiday was over just because the car broke! I won't miss a holiday just because of that :no:

As said above! Weather, and the holiday season won't help call out times! Poorly serviced cars, and cars where checks on oil and water etc are not carried out are at risk of problems! Overheating can be caused by lack of water OR oil.

I heard an aquaintance recently had a blow out on the A1 with their caravan! They didn't check the tyres! They were 15 year old tyres! Really worth getting them checked! Tyres have a manufacturing date on them!

Ripped the floor and arch out of the van, but luckily nobody was hurt!

The problem hear is that a woman had been left alone to fend for herself for three hours that bad real bad.

I kind of understand what you are saying, but if it was during daylight hours on a normal A road I would not think it a priority, if it was at night in not a nice place i agree. I think the point is that a 3 hour wait is unacceptable for anyone not just because she is a woman.

Left them for the same shoddy service. With green flag now, great company :good:

You must have been lucky to have had one of their two vans near you at the time then :good::lol:

I waited 5 hours for them once on the A46.. and rang 6 times. :mad::mad::angry::angry:

In the end a AA van drove by and I flagged it down and joined on the roadside. Has he drove off after doing a temporary repair on a broken alternator belt the green flag man arrived.. I told him he should change it to a white flag and stick it up his.................exhaust pipe.

It wasn't even a busy period.

This might be the most ridiculous thread I've read in a while.

Do you think there's a van for every member, just following a few hundred yards behind just in case?

I to am not sure what difference it makes being a woman either.

Anyways...

If you didn't like it why post on this thread?

Put it this way if it was a friend or even your own wife I think you might have changed your attitude towards the situation!?

If you didn't like it why post on this thread?

Put it this way if it was a friend or even your own wife I think you might have changed your attitude towards the situation!?

Not one bit, you pay what really is pence for the service (try ringing an independent recovery company and seeing if they'll rush out to you and tow you 200 miles for £80) and it was resolved within what, 4 hours?

I'd be happy with that.

I once threw a rod and had engine all over the floor and it took the aa about 13 hours in total to get me 120miles home, it was an adventure and I renewed next year...

Not one bit, you pay what really is pence for the service (try ringing an independent recovery company and seeing if they'll rush out to you and tow you 200 miles for £80) and it was resolved within what, 4 hours?

I'd be happy with that.

I once threw a rod and had engine all over the floor and it took the aa about 13 hours in total to get me 120miles home, it was an adventure and I renewed next year...

Well IMO over 3 hours is unacceptable!

RAC are awful.

My dad, a member of 30 years, phoned them as the van broke down at home only to be told,you don't have home rescue! After paying every year on the dot and calling them out maybe twice in all that time they wouldn't help.

Nice customer service.

I'm a member of the aa and they were round in 20mins, no questions and got the van up and running in about 10mins (broken earth strap).

And don't get me started on greenflag! One story that happend to the wifes old car was that apparently her immobiliser was cutting the fuelpump off so car wouldn't start. This was after about 1hour of him fault finding. Funny thing was though the car had a mechanical fuel pump lol !!