What a day/night

grasshopper

Got to Rob's Friday afternoon,fed,watered and on the road into North Wales heading for the Crown Shoot.We sat out from 8-30pm until 12-30am with only 1 Fox called in.Unfortunately this was a very wary customer with no shot available :no: By now i am convinced this new rifle is jinxed...that's 5 trips out and nothing to show :/

This was all about to change on Saturday though :yes:

Back into North Wales again to Rob's mate's farm to shoot some Crows over stubble on the afternoon.Hide set up,deeks out and action from the off...we had lifted about 400 of them from the field on entering so we were hopeful.

Some good left and rights along with some really good high birds (more from Rob..i admit :blush: )banter was great and the bag continued to grow...until we let the farmer into the hide for a few shots :whistling: very funny when his young son said "how did you miss that dad" :lol: he did drop a few nice one's when he got his eye in and a lovely left n right too.well done Steve :good:

I got miss of the day when a Pigeon landed in the tree above us :blush: even worse Rob had shot a Crow that did the same...

Rob semi retired for a while letting me shoot,occasionally re-entering the fray to shoot a high bird...or worse still drop 1 that i'd missed with both barrels :lol: patience is a wonderful thing and i was duly rewarded dropping a high Crow he'd missed :yahoo: I did get a left & right/right on Jackdaws dropping 2 with the 2nd shot B)

We picked 63 Crow & 14 Pigeon before heading for a Burger.

SS100759.jpg

SS100760.jpg

We dropped the pigeon into the farm as Steve was going decoying today then into the field to try for some Fox.Mist rolled in and the rain started so we had to wait it out for 45mins.No sooner had it stopped and a Fox entered the field...no rifle ready :rolleyes: Rob passed my rifle fwd and i got the NV attached,put the magazine in,switched on the archer and laser and what??? Firefly laser just showing horizontal lines and no real beam :oops:tried different batteries but NG.

Luckily Paul223 had loaned Rob his Archer so plan was for him to light up the Fox for me to shoot.I loaded the rifle,we lit up the Fox which was still around but trotting off with a Crow.Luckily it stopped behind a Bale to eat it allowing us to get out of the motor and set-up on a bale on the bipod.Fox stepped out,Rob stopped it and i duly despatched it :yahoo: jinx lifted.

We now had time to set-up properly,putting the caller on a bale 80yds away and waiting.Sure enough we both spotted another Fox enter the field from just below where the hide had been (mist had lifted now and NV's were usable without IR for spotting)

Archer attached but Fox was already at the bale looking up at the caller..straight forward shot and no2 in the bag.

Not long after i spotted 1 moving off down the field away from us.Rob lit him up and shouted OI! he stopped but simply turned his head so a Texas heart shot was delivered and down he went.

This field had Fox written all over it and 3 was more than enough for us as we had to get to another freshly cut field on the shoot :ninja:

SS100763.jpg

We had seen a fox from the road the previous night just along from this field so were hopeful.We got to a suitable bale and already there was 1 in bottom corner some 300yds away.I could see it clearly through the NV but we wanted it closer and it was heading our way albeit a little tentatively so we agreed to set the caller away.Fox-Pro set up and a quick look revealed it had gone :oops: caller now placed on a bale 60yds away and wait.

20mins later Rob says "Fox" NV attached and watch it closing in..was this the same fox as it took the same route and was also wary? who knows but suddenly i saw the caller and thought OOPs,that's close :lol: Fox appeared from behind the bale and no4 was added..this equalled my previous best so obviously we had to try for a fifth :yes:

Another 20 or so mins passed and 1 was on it's way.Lot faster and took Rob 3 goes to stop it,but he did and i did my part :yahoo:

SS100770.jpg

Have to say i'm well pleased with this new set-up,very quiet and the adjustable stock extension is great.No muzzle flip so all 5 were clearly seen dropping and confidence is now high :)

Big thanks to Rob for another good trip and cheers to Paul for sorting where to go..thanks lads :good:

Well what a great weekend that was in good company and even the vermin played ball , pleased we got the rifle off the mark .

The last photo Jeff bent down to pick his bag up and i took another photo when he looked at the camera he asked how i managed to delete him out of it :lol:

Welcome down anytime mate but you must stop pinching my gear as an excuse to come back :ninja:

Nice write up and well done.

Well shot gents...

Cheers Richie :good:

Well done Jeff + Rob :good::good: A Great write up Jeff :yes: looks like you both had a cracker :) atvb Terry

Thoroughly enjoyed it Terry,beautiful place is Wales..and plenty of Crows about too :yes:

Glad you enjoyed yourself Jeff, happy christening too!

Cheers Paul..i do enjoy shooting your Foxes for you :lol::good: find me some more,still got half a tank of diesel left :)

Well what a great weekend that was in good company and even the vermin played ball , pleased we got the rifle off the mark .

The last photo Jeff bent down to pick his bag up and i took another photo when he looked at the camera he asked how i managed to delete him out of it :lol:

Welcome down anytime mate but you must stop pinching my gear as an excuse to come back :ninja:

Anybody want to buy a face veil and cap :whistling:

Yeah you got me with that picture..thought i was a vampire or something with no image showing..mind you i think my neighbours already think that too as i only leave the house at dusk :lol:

well you cant get better than that can you.. well done on beating your personal best that's always a good feeling

are we back on the bail pics lol mark will be along soon lol

I was waiting for that,thought when we took the pics you'd mention it :lol:

Was more relieved to finally shoot something with the new rifle after 5 trips out..but getting 5 was very satisfying :good:

Cracking doo...:-)

Thanks U :good:

Cheers Paul..i do enjoy shooting your Foxes for you :lol::good: find me some more,still got half a tank of diesel left :)

Your more than welcome anytime, still really surprised Friday night was a blank, we've got foxy stuff going on in that wood!