Schoolboy error!

Fat bloke

Evening all.

After a couple of hours having a go at some clays I popped over to my permission to find a bit of activity on the cut OSR.

Got myself sorted, deeks out hide up and realised only 39 cartridges left in the bag. Silly boy..

12 birds later I'm homeward bound, that won't be happening again. Please remember that I'm new to this before the need for the tin hat emerges

Regards all.

Fatty

That's nothing went out one day to a field of barly stuble after farmer phoned to say it was blue with pigeon, it was 23 miles from home so set up decoys and birds were coming in from all directions. One of those cant wait to get started day's, got into the hide to load up and start shooting cannot find my gun. :sad1: Looked every where, could not find it only left it at home. :no:

I have made that error countless times.

Recently I got out of jail on what was going to be a big day. My companion ran out of cartridges when we had shot over 120 and I gave him the option of sharing those that I had left or going to my house which was five miles away to get another slab. He chose the latter and we ended up with 220.

We have all done it at some time.

Many years ago I had taken a Mate out on to a large stubble field, set him up under a sitty tree and in they came!

I ran out of cartridges two hours in to the afternoon.

Thank heavens for mobile phones, 20 minutes after phoning the Farmer he delivered a slab of 250 shells right to the hide.

I ended the day on over a hundred and my novice mate shot 40.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Well done for the birds that you shot, In twenty five years of pigeon shooting I have to admit I have forgotten hide poles, flasks and left the garage door open at home etc but I've never forgotten cartridges, I have run out of cartridges after five hundred shots though.

Edited by pigeon controller

Been there got the tee-shirt. Also works in reverse. Take 500 shells and hardly fire a shot. Funny old game pigeon shooting.

Been there got the tee-shirt. Also works in reverse. Take 500 shells and hardly fire a shot. Funny old game pigeon shooting.

For the first time ever I put two slabs in the car on Saturday morning expecting a good day on one of five fields of rape stubble. When I arrived the tractor was topping one field and when I spoke to the tractor driver he told me that he would be there all day. The pigeons were put off by the dust or something unidentifiable and I never set up.

We have all done it . Turned up to shoot pigeons with my 12 bore and only brought 20 bore shells with me ,good job my farmer friend lives on the farm soon had a slab of 12 bore shells in the hide . The best part of the incident was my friend you can have those on the house .

Harnser

With the amount of bit and pieces needed for a days shooting I am surprized when I haven't forgot anything, if I went through the list I dare say there have been times when I have forgot every thing at least once and that includes my gun and my dog , the last time was last week and I left my nets in the shed, my wife used to say you will forget to come one day....................I have already done that loads of times.