Nothing worse than dog having the squits

http://www.contain-er.co.uk/absorbent-granules-for-cream-oil-water-body-fluid-spills---10-g--1l-absorbency-1130-p.asp

Found this stuff. Very tiny packs only 10g easy to carry in your pocket or bag.

Every dog owners nightmare when your dog decides its going to have diarrhoea in the middle of a street when you really need to pick up, having shown no symptoms of this before. Or in the middle of the Game Fair.

Amazing stuff. When it came I thought no way will this tiny amount will work on a litre of fluid, so I filled a jug up with water and added the sachet. It took a while, but it turned the water into thick wallpaper paste type stuff.

Not had to use it on the real thing yet, but it looks promising as should be even thicker final result on diarrhoea.

? :/

I have never had a nightmare about my dogs having the tom tits and on the rare occasion they do I tend to identify the cause and beware of it in future.

A bowl of boiled rice and chicken has served them well in the past and is likely to have all round nutrition than the wallpaper mix...my guess is it will also be cheaper than some internet gimmick.

Having just looked at the link i see it's for cleaning up runny fluids.....or thickening them up.....all the product is,is gravy granules.

Ahhhhhhh Bisto.

Very promising lor. :lol:

Edited by Bazooka

? :/

I have never had a nightmare about my dogs having the tom tits and on the rare occasion they do I tend to identify the cause and beware of it in future.

A bowl of boiled rice and chicken has served them well in the past and is likely to have all round nutrition than the wallpaper mix...my guess is it will also be cheaper than some internet gimmick.

Having just looked at the link i see it's for cleaning up runny fluids.....or thickening them up.....all the product is,is gravy granules.

Ahhhhhhh Bisto.

Very promising lor. :lol:

coo, another "expert"

pronounced "exspurt"

ex is a has been

spurt is a drip under pressure

NOW

gravy granules are starch based and require hot (80 + degrees C) water to activate, your dog may be in trouble if its crapping THAT hot....

gravy granules need 4 heaped teaspoons to THICKEN 280ml. To set it would need about 4 times that amount.....

These granules are cellulose and or silica based and require no heat and can absorb unbelievable amounts of liquid....

so ...given we only very very ocaisionally need them....what YOU gonna do ...walking through town when fido leaves a glutinous pool on the pavement???

stand there looking at a loss, plastic pooh bag helplessly in one hand???

walk away whistling and hope nobodys seen??

me I dig in me bag and tip 10g of powder on...wait a couple of mins and pick the mess up...

As responsible dog owners it is encumbent on us to be ready for whatever situation fido may provide us with to solve....this is one of the easiser...if you have whats needed....

the cost is not the issue....you may never need more than one...on the other hand........

:lol: if you think im carrying a bag of gravy granules around with me day and night on the off chance one of the dogs has deli belly you need certifying.

regarding granuals needing 80 degrees heat...that's bull....the 73 degrees of piping hot cwap flowing from the dog is plenty warm enough to do the trick.

:lol: if you think im carrying a bag of gravy granules around with me day and night on the off chance one of the dogs has deli belly you need certifying.

regarding granuals needing 80 degrees heat...that's bull....the 73 degrees of piping hot cwap flowing from the dog is plenty warm enough to do the trick.

and you would know this how??

dont think I'd want "gravy" at yours....

so then tell me....whatcha gonna do when fido squirts in the street? Mop it up with your shirt ? :whistling:

Oh and BTW....

FYI a dogs body tem is 38 C or for those old enough 100.4 F

perhaps your hound has a problem....

:lol: he certainly has,he said " If you think im walking around with you carrying a bag of magic beans or granules, you got another thing coming"

He thinks it's at best,weird but at worst,gay...his words not mine.

p.s, human temp =35 ish.....are you saying that if i urinate on a thermometer the temp will never exceed 35 ?

Edited by Bazooka

:lol: he certainly has,he said " If you think im walking around with you carrying a bag of magic beans or granules, you got another thing coming"

He thinks it's at best,weird but at worst,gay...his words not mine.

p.s, human temp =35 ish.....are you saying that if i urinate on a thermometer the temp will never exceed 35 ?

Keep digging and showing the world your lack of knowlege

"It is generally accepted that normal body temperature ranges between 36.1C (97F) to 37.2C (99F)."

and I rather think that for your dog a variation between 38 and 73 degrees is a bit beyond "natural variation"

but keep it up....

oh and I DID notice your other "disability"........ :whistling:

Keep digging and showing the world your lack of knowlege

"It is generally accepted that normal body temperature ranges between 36.1C (97F) to 37.2C (99F)."

and I rather think that for your dog a variation between 38 and 73 degrees is a bit beyond "natural variation"

but keep it up....

oh and I DID notice your other "disability"........ :whistling:

You are splitting hairs now. What does a degree or two matter? 35?,38? who cares so long as you don't need to keep turning the heating on.

http://www.contain-er.co.uk/absorbent-granules-for-cream-oil-water-body-fluid-spills---10-g--1l-absorbency-1130-p.asp

Found this stuff. Very tiny packs only 10g easy to carry in your pocket or bag.

Every dog owners nightmare when your dog decides its going to have diarrhoea in the middle of a street when you really need to pick up, having shown no symptoms of this before. Or in the middle of the Game Fair.

Amazing stuff. When it came I thought no way will this tiny amount will work on a litre of fluid, so I filled a jug up with water and added the sachet. It took a while, but it turned the water into thick wallpaper paste type stuff.Not had to use it on the real thing yet, but it looks promising as should be even thicker final result on diarrhoea.

Thanks for that, at that price, I'm not going to get into an argument as to whether it works or not, it is easier to just give it a try.

If it works fine, if not then I've learnt not to be so naive at a cheap price without getting stressed in an argument.

Edited by EMcC

As long as it's not life threatening or hurtful to others, then quite often it is easier to roll over and have an 'Inner Smile' and at that price it wasn't worth getting into an argument.

As ex-Army and ex-police I've had enough of them :rolleyes: