Peugeot 407 problem

cjm

Hopefully the pw massive can help me out here. My 407 has brought on the emission control warning light on the dash and im wondering what could it be? the car drives ok except for a small 'miss' in first gear otherwise fine.

Also its flashing up electronic stability control system malfunction light aswell. im taking this to be traction control of some sort?

With doing a 55 hour working week and a 6 week old son to tend to i havent got alot of time to myself to sort these things out.

Any help welcome

The emissions light could be on because the diesel particulate filter hasn't been cleaned out or regenerated. If you mostly do short journeys this can clog the filter and throw the warning light on the dash. Try taking the car for a long run on the motorway to see if it turns the light out.

The ESP light could be a faulty/dirty sensor at the wheel. Even slight disturbance to the cable can throw the light up on the dash. Sometimes with Peugeots it'll also cause the handbrake light to stay on even though the handbrake is off. If you're ever near Belfast give me a shout and I'll tun diagnostics on it for you no problem.

Yes ive read about that filter on the net aswell. its always long journeys im doing 500/600 mile per week. Both problems appeared at the same time could they be related? i know traction control and emissions arent connected in any way but it is a peugeot after all lol. Cheers for the offer mate very much appreciated.

I doubt they"d be related to be honest mate, but you never know with French cars lol. Getting it plugged in will take the guesswork out of finding the problems. It could be two faulty sensors (lambda and esp), or bad wiring. The French are brilliant at wiring..........or not.

• 2 months later...