Murder Charge

ordnance

A former firearms officer with the Metropolitan Police will appear in court in September charged with murdering suspected gangster, Azelle Rodney, who was shot dead in a pre-planned police operation in 2005.

It will be interesting to see how this one goes. I wonder will other firearms officers threaten to spit the dummy out again.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go another anti establishment, nothing better to do, police bashing thread....get a life chaps.!

Why is it an anti establishment police bashing thread?

The CPS consider they have a case to take him to court.

Here we go another anti establishment, nothing better to do, police bashing thread....get a life chaps.!

now now dont upset the cowtoers who see no wrong with the corrupt ones.he will still get off

KW

So's mine but he has statutory powers and part of the reason for the inspection visit is to gauge your psychological profile and find a reason why he cant recommend issue. Go on put your money where your mouth is and call him a ***** and see what happens.

I can put my money where my mouth is as I already have, and do you know what over mendenzes he agrees.

KW

Come on W1 we all know where this is leading.. some members must be extremely naïve if they don't realise that many FAO read and subscribe to this forum and we are stupid enough to call them tossers.

Come on W1 we all know where this is leading.. some members must be extremely naïve if they don't realise that many FAO read and subscribe to this forum and we are stupid enough to call them tossers.

some are even stupid enough to believe that plod is pure clean and straight, and calling them will lead to hell and damnation.

KW

Lets establish the facts before we get the rope out....

no need for rope the British gullible public ( as you demonstrate ever so well) can see no wrong in plod he will get off.

KW

Edited by kdubya

He was shot 6 times in 2 seconds, 4 of which hit him in the head, so how can they pin that on one officer?

because he was the ONE that fired, in all 8 bullets of which 6 hit and he has already admitted that fact, keep up.

KW

Oh dear how sad... :/

more like oh dear how true

KW

Edited by kdubya

So what if my fao reads what I have written,I would think after being interviewed by him for over 6.5 hours he would know the type of person I am.

Is this the case where fully functioning firearms were recovered from the car.you know the one where they were en route to rob some large scale drug dealers of their stash.

Damn those cops for trying to arrest gangsters with guns on our streets.

Perhaps a PCSO would have been a more appropriate response to stop the car?

Funny how some pw's surface only to slag the plods off on a shooting forum.

F.

Is this the case where fully functioning firearms were recovered from the car.you know the one where they were en route to rob some large scale drug dealers of their stash.

Damn those cops for trying to arrest gangsters with guns on our streets.

Perhaps a PCSO would have been a more appropriate response to stop the car?

Funny how some pw's surface only to slag the plods off on a shooting forum.

F.

So it's ok to shoot someone even if they are in the vicinity of functioning firearms.

So it's ok to shoot someone even if they are in the vicinity of functioning firearms.

Am i wrong or are you ex forces?

Short answer to your question. yes. Backed up by a honest held believe a gun toting gangster is about to shoot you.

Or don't and you get shot.

Your choice. Make that decision now in the time you've taken to read this sentence and stand by it for the rest of your life.

Or don't.

F.

I'll admit I'm not your average Bobby's number one fan but put yourself in them firearms officers shoes.

You have been instructed to stop a car with 3 people in it. The intelligence is they are likely to be armed and dangerous. I for one would not want to stop that car and if I did they would not want to make any sudden movements.

If you thought someone was pulling a gun to shoot you, would you just stand there? I think not.

Am i wrong or are you ex forces?

Short answer to your question. yes. Backed up by a honest held believe a gun toting gangster is about to shoot you.

Or don't and you get shot.

Your choice. Make that decision now in the time you've taken to read this sentence and stand by it for the rest of your life.

Or don't.

F.

It is always the individuals choice to pull the trigger,but before you do you need to be sure

I haven't read the report,but from what has been said the dead man didn't have a firearm in his hand( I stand to be corrected),and if he had no firearm he wasn't "an immediate threat to your life or others."you therefore have no justification for the use of lethal force.

It sounds like adrenaline took charge and this officer got carried away.

However a public inquiry, which published its findings last July, concluded that the firearms officer who fired the fatal shots, and has only been identified as E7, had “no lawful justification” for opening fire.

After re-examining the case, the CPS has now announced that there is enough evidence to charge officer E7 with murder.

In a statement, Alison Saunders, the Director of Public Prosecutions, said: “Azelle Rodney died after the discharge of a police firearm on 30 April 2005.

“Following the outcome of the public inquiry, the Independent Police Complaints Commission re-referred the matter to the CPS, providing us with the evidence previously gathered and the further evidence and material which has emerged since the initial referral.

“We have carefully considered the new file of evidence submitted to us and have decided that a former Metropolitan Police officer, currently identified only as E7, will be prosecuted for murder.

yeah but nobody posts as their real names on a forum and no IT resources are likely to be used because someone called someone a ***** lets be honest some of the threads here have been so overboard that id never issue a licence to some of the authors but someone did :lol: