Totally addicted

Assured

Hi I have only been shooting for a few weeks now but am totally addicted,I generally go during the week when I finish work early which to be honest I do finish early most days,now looking to start going possibly another day during week.

Just wondered how much time other people spend going shooting,as wife says I am obsessed.

Would shoot every day of the week if I could, just had to go a full week cold turkey, huge relief to shoot again on Monday. Thursday is the only day I can't get access to a ground Just work and other commitments getting in the way.

I'm retired and am out every day I can get out. Most of it is looking for birds and understanding what crop and where is being worked. Also out liaising with club members most days and arranging their sport. But it all evolves around shooting or rabbiting. Haven't had many opportunity though to sit in a hide much. Birds just not around.

as good as it can be,,,,be very careful or you,ll end up skint as its certainly not a cheap hobby what with the price of carts and clays

atb Evo

No point being the richest man in the graveyard :-)

As long as all my bills are paid and my dog is fed and watered im happy

At the moment sporting but would love to find somewhere to go/learn pigeon shooting.

Imagine clay shooting about 10 times harder and your there haha. Ive only been once ( so that comment is tongue in cheek before the forum police arrest me).

If you keep an eye on the forum there normally is always some really kind folk who give novice/ new people an opportunity to go along and see what its all about.

Just over 10500 cartridges shot since February 7th when I bought my first gun. 1750 of those in registered shoots.

Ouch that must have hurt your wallet, around £5.000 a grand a month plus fuel.Very good fun for you though, be up there with Digweed in no time at that rate.

I like to shoot at least once a week sometimes twice.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Ouch that must have hurt your wallet, around £5.000 a grand a month plus fuel.Very good fun for you though, be up there with Digweed in no time at that rate.

I like to shoot at least once a week sometimes twice.

Figgy

Scores are going backwards at the moment! GD and the likes have no worries! :) :) Edited by Nimbusgb

I shoot clays very very rarely nowadays, but used to shoot them around three times a week some years ago. It is very rare (especially at this time of year with the lighter evenings) when I'm not out with my dog (someone has to walk it :yes: ) and gun and a pocketful of cartridges at least 5 times a week. Doesn't necessarily mean of course that I get a shot every time I go out; sometimes none, sometimes one, sometimes I come back with an empty pocket but something in the game bag for the ferrets or dog.

I know someone who puts his gun away at the end of season, where it stays 'til the start of the next, then wonders why he can't hit anything when the new one starts.

I'm a firm believer that you can never have enough guns and like to swap mine about so don't necessarily stick to a particular design or mechanism either in or out of season. As long as you're out there, getting in the practise and enjoying yourself, that's what counts.

Scores are going backwards at the moment! GD and the likes have no worries! :) :)

If your going to go and shoot as much as you are, some lessons from a good coach would help you a lot. You will be picking up bad ha bits without realising it.

Money well spent.

Where are you, don't say in your profile.

Figgy