Dangerous dogs and proud

gazbev

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate program's like this pit bills are great dogs as are most so called status dogs absolute joke u never see the nasty jack russels or chiwawas on these that are always snappin at people.

John

I love the pits but you are right there mate.its the idiots that had ruined the breed and made it harder for them to keep a nice dog going.i had them for yrs until all this **** happened.the only thing is my old bitch would of bit a stranger for trespassing but loved and protected the kids.

I love the pits but you are right there mate.its the idiots that had ruined the breed and made it harder for them to keep a nice dog going.i had them for yrs until all this **** happened.the only thing is my old bitch would of bit a stranger for trespassing but loved and protected the kids.

In itself this fact can be a problem, dogs don't have the same social interactions we do- games might appear real to a dog and they make mistakes trespass is not punishable by death and postmen, delivery drivers, lost walkers the god squad etc are certainly not a danger to us! Nope no time for a biter unless is a full on licenced PPD in the right hands

Edited by kent

I too like breeds such as Pit Bulls etc BUT I do feel that these dogs have a heightened prey drive or a lessened bite inhibition (I think that's what it's called) than say a spaniel. What I mean is that aggression seems to be closer to the surface. HOWEVER I agree in the right hands they're fab, and like somebody else has said, these idiots that get them as a status symbol certainly don't help their cause.

Edited by bigbird

Not to start a police bashing on this thread I don't want it closing but a k9 dog handler had his dog escape who attacoed a young girl playing in her garden so it gos to show a dog trained to attack by a police officer is no safer than a dog trained my a chav with a blade in his sock. I plan on buying a French mastiff or American bull in the future and hopefully by the time it comes around I won't need a lisenced to own said dog.

John

Used to work with a lad who was into all things 'designer' labelled. He decided he wanted a Rottweiller and subsequently got one, simply because he regarded such a dog as a status symbol. Other than that he had no interest in dogs at all, he simply wanted to be seen around town with it. He wasn't a bad lad just very naive and extremely vain. He bought one and of course named it Tyson (that's how long ago it was) and the bloody thing was huge. The novelty soon wore off when he found himself carrying 2lb of dog **** around in a bag every night. It developed a fatal disease and died a relatively young dog.

There are a couple of youngish lads whom I see wandering around town fairly regularly. Both your stereotypical hoodies, one of whom owns a Staffordshire type dog which is never on a lead, even walking through the busy main street. I always thought it was unlawful to walk a dog on a public highway without a lead, or indeed a collar, but I may be wrong.

Bit controversial but seeing as the original dog many thousands of years ago was a wolf and we domesticated it and the breeds changed forever,some people bred from dogs that were good at finding game and others from dogs that were good at bringing animals down.

Roll on a few thousand years there are whole new breeds of dog that look totally different from wolves some find and flush game and excel at the job some have been bred into a dog with inbred characteristics that bring animals down.

Now,if you were to take a spaniel from a pup with no training at all,would it hunt..probably!

Does this mean that the bull breeds for example inherit killer instincts?

Bit controversial but seeing as the original dog many thousands of years ago was a wolf and we domesticated it and the breeds changed forever,some people bred from dogs that were good at finding game and others from dogs that were good at bringing animals down.

Roll on a few thousand years there are whole new breeds of dog that look totally different from wolves some find and flush game and excel at the job some have been bred into a dog with inbred characteristics that bring animals down.

Now,if you were to take a spaniel from a pup with no training at all,would it hunt..probably!

That's kind of what I was getting at, gazbev

Not to start a police bashing on this thread I don't want it closing but a k9 dog handler had his dog escape who attacoed a young girl playing in her garden so it gos to show a dog trained to attack by a police officer is no safer than a dog trained my a chav with a blade in his sock. I plan on buying a French mastiff or American bull in the future and hopefully by the time it comes around I won't need a lisenced to own said dog.

John

Yes they are dangerous it just the handler who is deemed ok to keep the safety on and point it in a safe direction until he wishes to shoot something if you like

I just love it when these tv shows come around ! The next day i get the whole field to myself for walking my 2 " highly dangerous " staffordshire bull terriers. Its due to the ******* who think these dogs are weapons. In the wrong hands yes they are a very dangerous dog BUT in the right hands make excellent pets.

The ones who use them as a status dog and basically as a weapon. If the dog attacks then the owner should be charged as if they were carrying a weapon.

Actually it came from an unknown Canid (most likely a now extinct breed of wolf). What the dog has been genetically proved to never have been is the American Timber wolf (which is the creature we spent decades comparing to the dog). In many respects its like comparing a blue whale with a killer whale

iv never been able to understand why people think these dogs are status symbols they are usually owned by the lower end of the gene pool its like saying macdonolds is a classy restaurant :lol:

Controversial but true....I'm afraid in 95% of these cases of ownership of said dogs, the dogs have a significantly better developed intelligence than their owners who are predominately Neanderthal.

You see them walking their dogs in the middle of a winter Blizzard with a "look at me Im hard " Tee shirt on...shaven head and tattoos and walking as if they have something solid stuck up their backside and dislocated shoulders...

Tell me Im wrong.!

Controversial but true....I'm afraid in 95% of these cases of ownership of said dogs, the dogs have a significantly better developed intelligence than their owners who are predominately Neanderthal.

You see them walking their dogs in the middle of a winter Blizzard with a "look at me Im hard " Tee shirt on...shaven head and tattoos and walking as if they have something solid stuck up their backside and dislocated shoulders...

Tell me Im wrong.!

i must admit iv seen some well trained ones and dont doubt they are clever dogs but i cant see how they become a status symbol unless your desire is to look like a failed gangster from the ghetto :lol:

I just love it when these tv shows come around ! The next day i get the whole field to myself for walking my 2 " highly dangerous " staffordshire bull terriers. Its due to the ******* who think these dogs are weapons. In the wrong hands yes they are a very dangerous dog BUT in the right hands make excellent pets.

The ones who use them as a status dog and basically as a weapon. If the dog attacks then the owner should be charged as if they were carrying a weapon.

100% agree

Trouble is that if a jack Russell runs amok a few cuts and puncture wounds to sort and a bit of scarring or a swift left foot should send it running. When a pit bull or other high bite force fighting dogs run amok people can and do lose their lives. And no way would a quick kick send it on its way.

Figgy

Im guessing its going to be a show to show staffys in a bad light yet again,a bit like the recent show kids with guns,pick rubbish owners and edit the show to make good tv.

"People who dont know about them will see them as too dangerous to have and should be banned"<--- (guns or staffys)

Trouble is that if a jack Russell runs amok a few cuts and puncture wounds to sort and a bit of scarring or a swift left foot should send it running. When a pit bull or other high bite force fighting dogs run amok people can and do lose their lives. And no way would a quick kick send it on its way.

Figgy

Same as any 'big' dog can

Well some would argue that a bite from a staffie would be a lot worse than bite from most,if not all dogs the same size,it's not to say staffies are bad dogs in general,it's just that they are built for a job,you have only got to see one panting to see how big it's gob is and the jaw muscles.

I haven't got an agenda with staffies I like them,my friends have had them,there is one in my local pub but there is a reason why people cross them with lurchers,it ain't because they are cuddly.when we are walking towards a staffie over the fields we don't know what the owner is like or the dogs history,that's why people avoid them

'Its down to the owners' aside would you rather be bitten in anger by a cocker or a staffie

If the dog attacks then the owner should be charged as if they were carrying a weapon.

There was a case just the other week in our local rag where the judge had said just this same thing after fining a woman whose Collie had bitten and left puncture wounds in the calf of a passer by. Her dog had been left tied to a post on the pavement outside a shop she was in.

Tell me Im wrong.!

Your right to a degree however.....

I dont think im hard, and ive got 2 full arm tattoos AND a shaven head........ oh my god the horror of it !!!!

Its same as anything its the mindless idiots who get hold of them that give the genuine owners who love the breed a bad name.

NOT ALL STAFFORD OWNERS ARE IDIOTS LOOKING FOR A DOG FIGHT.

Im guessing its going to be a show to show staffys in a bad light yet again,a bit like the recent show kids with guns,pick rubbish owners and edit the show to make good tv.

"People who dont know about them will see them as too dangerous to have and should be banned"<--- (guns or staffys)

Same as any 'big' dog can

West mids1987 you are quite right any big dog could do the same damage but most big dogs that are not fighting breeds don't have the same aggression.

Just come back from B&Q and seen a young womon late teens trying to hold two fully grown Dog de Bordeauxs, as a older lady with a little shnuazer type dog was walking towards her and her two dogs, the lass could not control them and was struggling that much the lady and her small dog ran a cross a duel carriage way to get away and get past. I nearly stopped the car and asked the young lass if she wanted a hand to hold the dogs,as it's a busy road. Only the dogs calmed down as the other one was dragged over two lanes.

The dogs were not snarling or anything just wanted to get to the other dog but she couldn't hold them, why take them out if you can't control them.

I agree that it's the owners at fault with these dogs but how can you stop idiots buying them.

Figgy

Edited by figgy