extremely shy fox

Dougy

Out last night after a very very shy fox, wont call, any, rodent, Fox pup, hand held electronic, bolts at the slightest noise. Clocked it around 100 yards away or slightly less, wind in my face fox with its back to me, I was on foot with sticks and using an Archer with nm800 as illumination and a nm800 biggy on the scope.

As soon as the fox got the slightest glimpse of the glow of the ir its off quicker than a whippet from the trap.

So tonight's tactics have changed, I'm taking some explosives and some dog biscuits, lol

maybe just the biscuits. ;-)

I'll bait and wait, it's around about 22.30 . Its in for it later. It's got me twice now, first time it was in front of cattle, the smallest squeak I could squeeze from my puckered lips, it was off, then again last night.

It would be nice to know who's been educating it.

The beauty of dedicated, This is why ill stick with my Raptor and D760, no need to use I.R. :)

It wasn't really necessary,well not to have it on full, but didn't realise that it would spook so easily.

I couldn't justify spending the price you got your gear for, I would need sell a gonad fir one of those. Nice though.

out of my area but the chap that does my foxing is on this type of kit and says they will eventually get used to the ir yes a lot get shot but like this one the ones that get away get wiser

they only learn if you miss, this time of year just sitting out at dusk on stubble gets you a surprising number, I've had 9 in the last fortnight since harvest started and only 2 were with the archer the rest just shot at last light no nv, a couple at least were very canny and exceptionally lamp shy but getting an idea where they were meant just sitting out no caller etc has been pretty effective

I've got one like that on my land, stays out past 200 meters soon as you do anything it's off....even with night vision it runs at the call but doesn't stop just keeps running, if you shout it keeps going....it's knows what's going on!!! One day it will slip up..

Knobble it at 200 +

Out last night, no sign, this one is definitely one of THE hardest I've encountered.

Archer is the top of my budget I'm afraid, then again I don't know of any night vision that doesn't need some illumination in total darkness.

Its got to make a mistake soon, then of course I've got to be there when it does.