Stay put/Bird puller aniseed mixes

I'd be interested to hear peoples opinions on game stay mixes, whether it powder or liquid mix-ins. I know some people swear by it and I'm sure others are more scepticle but would like to hear what people have used and which ones they feel have made a difference.

Stay put, use all the time, but sparingly, I mix when we get wheat by the ton, keep if off the shoot as some get to eager with the concentration

also used game blocks, not sure on those yet, will though put them out when the cold comes in I am sure the scent off them brings birds back into the feeders but not confident on how good they are

plan to trial some oil based aniseed on a few feeders this years to see how that works, just need to ensure that the stay put mix is not added to those

however reason I use all the above is my woods, they are dark, damp and cold, not ideal by a long shot therefore I am always trying to find ways of making them as attractive as possible

Cheers Bentos. Good to hear that you rate Stay put. I was planning on using something this year myself. My reason is because my cover crops are poor so want to give them half a reason to hang around. I was thinking of getting some split maize to hand feed over straw to give them something to scratch around at too.

How do you mix your Stay put in with your wheat? I bag mine out of a silo or straight from the grain store.

I've used aniseed oil and Bird Puller, but I'm not sure it actually works. I think that GWCT did some research which showed additives didn't make any difference for pheasants.

I've also used split maize, which pheasants love. It's expensive, but you don't need a lot of it.

I started using bird puller/ainseed liquid a few years ago as some new guns swore by it.

I honestly don't think it makes much difference, i still use it but only put it in half the hoppers, sometimes the bird puller hopper is gone and other times its the neighbouring hopper with pure wheat.

If it was so good everbody would be using it (and very few FT keepers use it)and i have been on GWCT days where they don't really say much on it (i didn't think they had done a proper study on it) but none of there advisers use it

If u are gettin good results and giving u confidence then great keep using it (but it is proberly down to all the other things ur doing rather than the aditive), but it will not single handedly turn a poor shoot round into a great shoot.

For the little extra it costs i'll keep using it but not convinced it makes any real difference. But in my case it means i cannae get my lugs bent for not using it, or %'s would be so much better if iused it, so gives me a bit of piece

I just mix the scoop and a half of bird puller into a 25kg for the hoppers i want with puller in

I have found other seed mixed with wheat and hand feed into special areas on a straw ride better for holding birds