Crow shooting advice please

Bobba

Pigeons wouldn't play yesterday so in desperation (as I was out for the day) I replaced decoys etc with six crow FUD's a mate had lent me. Great afternoon for a first time crow shooting.10 in total.

So, a couple of queries. Are there decoy patterns recommended as in pigeon shooting to draw the crows to a killing zone? Mine was a random group in front of the hide. And, do you increase the pattern with dead birds or recover them?

My hide was ok as none flared off but any other tips to increase the edge would be appreciated. Thank you.

Bob

I use a random pattern of decoys, and add dead birds to it as you go along. I find that you need to pick up dead birds and set them as decoys regularly, as dead ones on their backs put off incoming birds. I also find that a flapper works well with crows.

Just as others have said just stick them out any old way. Staying still in the hide is the key i never stick my head up over netting,and only go to reset dead crows if in coming crows start to veer off. Been shooting crows most my life i only use full body and shell decoys . atb Terry

Recently went on one of my first solo outings on crows and jackdaws, and must have been beginner's luck as they were absolutely dedicated to the decoys! I had a hide set back in plenty of cover under a large tree, and 6 or 7 full bodied decoys, and my new Primos Power Crow, every crow and jackdaw seemed absolutely mesmerised! I also got what I think was my first left and right crow with my first two shots!