Browning 525 or 725

solz

dougall thank you for the reply, the 325 just doesn't fit me, it is a rand hand cast on with I can't get along with and when the gun is mounted i don't look straight down the barrel.

Also can you claim the vat back on new guns??

dougall thank you for the reply, the 325 just doesn't fit me, it is a rand hand cast on with I can't get along with and when the gun is mounted i don't look straight down the barrel.

Also can you claim the vat back on new guns??

possibly if the gun is an essential part of your work..ie farmer/pea grower etc..refer to your accountant;most likely the answer is no however but I like the way you are thinking!

Just and update, was passing a gun shop today so popped in ( shop doesn't have "try befor you buy") but did have a 725

In stock, so had a little look and feel I'n the shop, it did feel different to the 525 and I did like it :)

But will hopefully vist a different shop soon and compare (shoot) both guns and make my mind up then :)

ATB

Edited by solz

Just and update, was passing a gun shop today so popped in ( shop doesn't have "try befor you buy") but did have a 725

In stock, so had a little look and feel I'n the shop, it did feel different to the 525 and I did like it :)

But will hopefully vist a different shop soon and compare (shoot) both guns and make my mind up then :)

ATB

Coleys should have a demo gun http://iancoley.co.uk/ian-coley-gun-shop/shotgun-try-before-buy/ worth trying the MK38 also

Edited by HDAV

I would definitely recommend you having a go with both before making your mind up.

When i was looking for a gun (roughly 2 months ago) i seen a nice 725 (32"-well balanced) for sale, handled lovely in the shop, but what i found whilst shooting it was that the palm swell felt rather bulky for me personally (as i have relatively small'ish' hands) and affected in the way which i pulled the trigger, so just didn't feel right for me. Then moved on and tried a 525 (30") and wow what a difference in feel, fitted like a glove for me, and without the palm swell the grip actually feels much slimmer from my point of view.

Therefore i'm very glad that i didn't spend the extra £££ on the 725 as i much preferred the 525 - so for me it's 525 all day long!!! But it's all about how the gun feels and shoots with you, every one is different and like different things.

So try them both out (also as said above try a miroku) and choose by which you prefer.

. There are a few 'enhancements' of the 725 over the B525. How much real difference they make I do not know.

There are few subtle differences such as the thinness, weight difference the rear stock pad and the biggest change being the trigger is mechanical rather than recoil

write up

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/browning-b725-sporter

I was in the same predicament 3 weeks ago having fired both the B525 and the B725 I found them both good and they both fitted me nice as I fired them a couple of weeks apart I could not say which was the better but I hit about 10% more clays with the B725, was this the low action frame?0

I first looked at the prices and I could not go to the price for a new b725 so I looked for a b525 found that the second hand price holds well and a second hand gun is around £1000 and some of these guns are 10 year old so I looked at new one you can get the new 2014 model B525 game with the 2014 wood (darker) different etched game scene and fitted with the same butt pad (inflex 2) as the B725 for £1300 and it comes with a 10 year guarantee. so my mind was set to get the new 2014 model B525 which seamed a much better deal than getting a second hand one

went into the shop felt the nice new rifle as he had one in stock. Held it with the gun smith monitoring my moves only to find that I am left eye dominant, (what a shock this was)

never realised

and he verified what I already knew, after he pulled and turned me that the B525 fitted me well (6 foot 4 arms like a gorilla )

I looked at the other guns in the racks tried a few for size some did not fit, others did, some were not like some of the guns well out of my price range

then I saw a 2013 model B725 Hunter last 2 of the serial number ZX

The gunsmith said that this had to be classed as a demo rifle as it had fired 150 shots on a open day , and he confirmed it as being absolutely as new, mint condition

box instructions guarantee the works so that was my choice

to get a 2014 B525 brand new or a 2013 B725 which had fired 150 rounds both come with a 10 year guarantee

the cost of the B725 was £1520

In the end I chose the B725 and I know I have made the correct decision

went into the shop felt the nice new rifle as he had one in stock. Held it with the gun smith monitoring my moves only to find that I am left eye dominant, (what a shock this was)

never realised

In the end I chose the B725 and I know I have made the correct decision

So your left dominant (join the club) continuing to shoot RH?

So your left dominant (join the club) continuing to shoot RH?

Still shoot Rh does not feel correct to use a gun in the left shoulder

I have always squinted when using a shotgun I thought everyone did have fitted a eye thing on my gun green dot

to see if it helps when I next get out, if not back to the squint

Thank you again for the replies, sorry I've only just it read them due to my laptop dieing the other day :( so now i need a new laptop, but think a new gun is more important :P

I planning on going to coleys at some stage ( I also plan to start shooting there ) so will try them both ( and the mk38) and see what they feel like.

Once I've had a shoot with the guns I will try and keep my eye out for any s/h ones going around.

ATB

Solz

Edited by solz

• 4 weeks later...

Well tomorrow is the day :) going to go to a gun shop /open day and try them both and possible some other guns in my budget and see what happens from there :)

Thank you for all the replies it's been a good help :)

ATB

Solz

How very exciting, I hope that you have a thoroughly enjoyable, although probably expensive day.