How to stop a charging fox?!

kennett

Went out last night to try and clear a few fox up before the poults arrive. Parked up on some stubble facing a wood and started squeaking. Within 2mins we had a cub charging in hell for leather, and no matter what we shouted or what I did with the lamp it wouldn't stop! In the end it scared it's self, bolted back to 150ish, then dropped and started stalking us, then got a 100gn. 243 in its head. But how do you stop them charging?

I experianced this a few weeks ago when out with the nv.It was about 1.30am and I had the rimmy on the sticks clearing some rabbits,dropped a group of 4.I was just about to move on to pick up but had one last scan to make sure all where down when I picked a pair of eyes comeing straight in towards me.It was a young fox going at full pelt.At about 70mtrs I took the red led T20 and lit it up hopeing it would stop,which it did for about 2mins looking straight back into the light.I watched for a bit then as I started to approch the shot rabbits it started running towards me again, I actually started to panick and got the sticks ready to give it a bat . Thankfully it turned direction after a lot of shouting but it came in to about 10 mtrs before it decided to.

I had the exactly the same last night,,little ****** was brave as hell,,it came charging in when I was carrying the rabbits back to the car, with only a S410 .177 Air rifle

for company. And it was virtually 10 yards behind me. eyes shining in the light from my head light, when I reached the car.

It cleared off when I opened the tailgate up, and the lights came on. Made me smile. I cant use a firearm there , it scares the horses.

Shotgun would do the job as suggested , in your case. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...