Battery Question

It means the battery will last 44hrs if something pulling 1amp of power is running off it.

A 17amp hour battery will run my magnet all day a 44 a/h one will be no use unless you can get everywhere you want to shoot via 4x4 or something as it will be far to heavy to carry

A car battery is not designed to withstand the discharge/recharge routine and will not last long. I know because I made the mistake of using one on a clay trap, many years ago. Ended up with the correct size leisure battery which as far as I know, is still going.

A car battery is not designed to withstand the discharge/recharge routine and will not last long. I know because I made the mistake of using one on a clay trap, many years ago. Ended up with the correct size leisure battery which as far as I know, is still going.

Absolutely spot on!, car batteries are not made for deep cycle and won't last long.

Absolutely spot on!, car batteries are not made for deep cycle and won't last long.

He could do what I used to do. Drive up to the shooting position, take the battery off the car to use, then put it back on and drive off when finished.

I bought a 41ah battery from halfords, Its small, fairly light weight with handle, runs magnet for at least 2 long days. Recharge it on trickle over night. Works a treat

Listen to this man he is talking sense , bar the buying from halfrauds but, trickle chargers all the way

Thanks for all replys lads, im now sorted. Went to scrappie today and picked up a nearly new one for £12+ £2.40 vat, a Billy bargain :good:

Good man now to euro car parts for the £15 trickle charger !