on road muds

darren m

Hi

I understand you want to look cool but seriously they knock 5 mpg off your fuel and are noisy compared to AT

Beware some of the cheaper options there not rated for motorway speeds

All the best

Of

I agree with you there. I would recommend a set of general grabber AT - a brilliant tyre IMO.

if you wanted to put muds on a 4x4 , for occasional off road and also for the look :) a/t tyres just not aggressive looking enough.

which mud pattern is the best on road

If you use it most of the time on the road do not forget that mud tyres are not that good on wet roads best to go with some ATs.

One thing that I have wonderd is if you put mud tyres on something othere than a Landrover would you need to tell your insurance people as you could have a problem if you have an accident in the wet and or ice.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Are the Cooper Discovery AT3's. Not the best off road, not the best on a dry grass bank come to that. I have a set that came with my Navara, can't wait to get them off. If you are 99% on road then they are probably the best option for looks but when off road take a tow rope and don't go alone.

great too damn late :)

My AT3's are past there best (only 7 mm left on them), so probably not a good comparison plus the back axle of a navara doesn't have much weight hence slipping on a dry grass bank in 2wd. I have been through some of the slippery stuff but just kept the momentum and didn't have to stop (4wd). Enjoy your new purchase and have loads of fun off road :good:

One thing that I have wonderd is if you put mud tyres on something othere than a Landrover would you need to tell your insurance people as you could have a problem if you have an accident in the wet and or ice.

I made an inquiry with my insurer today and the answer was "yes you have to tell us"

After being on the phone for more than 30min (the insurance company had to ask the under writers) the final decision was "you can put MT's on as a safety upgrade for winter use" it wasn't going to cause a increase in premium and you can keep them on in summer. Mine are on order :good:

I made an inquiry with my insurer today and the answer was "yes you have to tell us"

After being on the phone for more than 30min (the insurance company had to ask the under writers) the final decision was "you can put MT's on as a safety upgrade for winter use" it wasn't going to cause a increase in premium and you can keep them on in summer. Mine are on order :good:

same here, I asked and it does not make the slightest bit of difference what tyre's you have on, as long as there legal of course.