Replacing a gun cabinet with a bigger one

I have just moved house and they didn't come.

I phoned up and told them I was moving into the village from a mile outside. She said where would the cabinet be and I told her I had purchased a new one to fit in an alcove on the back landing and she said OK, let us know when you have moved and send in your certificates and we'll send you ones with your new address on.

That's what I did and it took three days in total.

:hmm::hmm:

That's an interesting one, coincidentally I have just changed home insurer today, but never have I seen a questionnaire that asks if/what guns you own and or what security you have for them?

Have others come across this, OR is this something that may come into the have you any single items of more than £1500 (or whatever value they chose) question?

Whatever, that is nothing to do with the police/Firearms regulations! :good:

I have my guns on my household insurance policy. None of the are worth more than the single item limit, but if you add the scope, rings etc then it would be. I checked with them if each of these were considered to be single items on their own or because they were boleted together the over all set up was a single item. They came back and said that each peice was an item by itself so came within the limit on my policy therefore didn't need to be quoted on the policy. Edited by allthegearandnoidea

All I have ever been aware of is the need to have firearms locked and preferably out of sight.(your choice) The need to ask FEO for permission to move my cabinet in my house to where I wanted it I personally see no need. I moved mine, added another one, they came to see me for my renewal, and asked if I could get the number of firearms in there.

I just told them I had moved it and added another 2 year's previously. No problem. What can they say ???

Exactly, if when they discover you put a new cabinet in and saw it was perfectly safe etc what can they say? My Dad decided to move his safe from his bedroom when I was keeping my shotgun there because I'd wake him up early in the morning! He was inspected 6 months later, they didn't have a problem with it being moved to another room because it was secure.

Edited by srspower