Nissan Terrano 3.0 short of power

nuffy29

I have bought a nissan terrano 3.0 van for shooting and pulling the trailer , Every one seems to rave on how well they go and how much power they have and i feel like mine does not fill the criteria !!

It does go well over 3000 revs but below that it seems to have a lot of lag ?? Any one else have this problem ??

in a hurry you need to thump the hell out of it to change gear and not be in that lag , The turbo kicks in about 2 and you feel a bit of power till 2 and half then if seems to ease of then really go for it above 3 . My car audi a4 tdi gets to 2 and pulls like a train all the way up the revs, this seems to pull ease of then go for it .

Only thing i have done is put a new exhorst on it and new heater plugs, dont think that could effect any thing ?

Is this normal ?? Any one else got one of these to compare to ?? Any ideas welcome

How was the performance before you changed the exhaust etc, if still poor you can probably rule that out

I have the 2.7tdi I can say I dont have an issue with power or lag,there pretty spritly for a big vehicle, but if your comparing it with your A4 it will feel slower on acceleration