Refresh my memory and tell me what's new

MrStumps

Morning All

I have had a 5 or 6 year absence from from the airgun world but intend to start again. I will do a bit of everything from targets to hunting.

My last gun was an Air Arms S410 .22 running at the UK limit (12ft/lb) with a middle range scope and I was getting 1p size groupings on a target in good conditions at 45 yards or 40/41 meters depending on your preference for distance.

I would get 10 clean kills for 10 shots 95 out of 100 but would never take a shot at prey more than 30 yards away, a target is paper and doesn't suffer needlessly if you mess up slightly.

So now I'm back please feel free to offer advice on the best guns out there, scopes etc and any changes in the last 6 years that I may have missed. Have rabbits and pigeons now got body armour?

Thanks in advance

MrStumps

(95 out of 100) but

I have been down to my local shop and have narrowed my selection down to either a Daystate Huntsman .22 or a BSA R-10 Mk 2 .22. Making arrangements to go back and try them both out at the 30 mtr indoor range to see which I shoot best with.

Has any owned either of these or own one now? I'd love to here some feedback on them.

Many Thanks

I have been down to my local shop and have narrowed my selection down to either a Daystate Huntsman .22 or a BSA R-10 Mk 2 .22. Making arrangements to go back and try them both out at the 30 mtr indoor range to see which I shoot best with.

Has any owned either of these or own one now? I'd love to here some feedback on them.

Many Thanks

Either are nice rifles although the R10MK2 has been a bit hit and miss as far as QC goes recently. Really though as long as both run ok its a case of do you want buddy bottle for the shot count or the sleeker lines of the huntsman.

I have shot both and prefer the magazine system on the daystate but really like the looks and handling of BSA.

As far as accuracy goes there is really nothing in it.

Edited by Zetter

I think it will come down to which is the most compatible with me when shooting, the guys at the local shop are brilliant and have offered me an hour on the range to test both so I can make an informed choice, free of charge as well.

The buddy bottle is neither here or there as I will get myself a small charging setup, I believe you can get a 7 litre divers bottle and all the fittings for around £250 but then it's a lot cheaper, approx £10 a refill on the 7 litre bottle.

I,ve owned the huntsman and the r10mk2 and also the s410

to be honest you have not mentioned what sort of budget you have,,or if you want new or second hand,

but from the three you have mentioned I would pick the huntsman classic all day long, 2nd would be the r10mk2 ( xtx tuned) and last but not least would be the s410,

all will kill bunnies and pigeon and at the sensible range of 30yrds even to 40yrds in the right conditions,

good luck with whatever you choose

atb Evo

i shoot the daystate huntsman classic in .20 calibre sub 12fpe and its the most widely

used sub 12fpe gun in my armoury, i would choose between the daystate and aa s410

personally , but its what suits you in weight, handling, looks, etc,its sounds like an

excellent gunshop you are using, good luck in your choice and pls let us know

what you decide on and you views on its use

.atb brian