help with magnet pls

Evening oh wise pw people.

I bought a magnet a couple of weeks ago and hastily made some shell decoys with wings to get me by but then managed to drop a few real ones which I put in the freezer. I tried two on the magnet the other day and besides the arms bending much more than expected my main problem is that the pigeons flew, literally off the arms. I only stuck the rod up intothe birds head dunno if I need to shove it right up through them? Also I wasn't convinced about what I was doing with the wings. The spreaders have short upturned points at each end with a washer of sorts on each.

any advice or **** taking greatfully recieved.

cheers. P.T

The points on the spreader needs to be pushed through the wing near or through the white wing bar , spike up through the backside and into but not through the head

I always stick the spike up the vent ,through the body and the neck into the skull . Why not into the head ?

Harnser

Just buy two hypa flaps, no mess no fuss, just two decoys flapping like crazy as they spin around, I'd never go back to dead birds on the magnet now, yes they are a little pricey but they are very durable, and over time they certainly pay dividends, Ive had young birds trying to land on the spinning arms , from a distance onlookers think I have two live pigeons tied to the magnet, daft b*******s, dead birds on the floaters and flappers, cant go wrong. :lol::lol: