BRITISH SHOOTING SHOW. FEB 2015

steve_b_wales

Steve as per normal everyone will want a seat the day before.

Aye, you're right there mate. If I don't get any more names within the next fortnight, I'm not going to bother. Why I do it in the first place, I don't know. I was let down last year, and missed the show because of that.

I won't miss it this year though, even if I have to walk there!

Will be there on Sunday !

I'm going on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Are things actually that "much cheaper" like the video puts across?

last time I was there prices were more in the show than on the web if you did a search , the main hall where most of the guns and gear were was packed and heated but the other end had fire exits open all time and temporary blowers in there , it was nearly as cold as it was outside in feb 2013 .

Saying that there were a few bargains and the Clay & Game stand was very helpful as were Deben .

Edited by welshwizard

• 5 weeks later...

Well i went to the show today, was very quiet first thing, got there pre doors open, got busier around 11. We were done and away by 1pm

Have been for the last few years since and including Newark days.

Lots less stands lots of high end shotgun and rifle stuff but a lot less exhibitors than previous years. gamekeeping dept was very quiet with very few stallls and hardly any of what we needed and wanted.

Would be ok if you were an airsoft enthusiast as half of hall 4/5 was filled with their kit.

Several night vision stands if you are in the market, but sportsman gun etc and several others not there, ladds, york and cheshire gunroom was it really unless you had a lot of dosh for an old english make.

Was in the market for new shootting jacket and trousers, came home without,

Even the food stands were not busy and there was a lot of empty spaces in the car park when we left.

Chris tthe cornish pigeon man was very funny with his demo, and there were a couple of pigeon stands aa decoys etc.

Will save my dosh in 2016 and buy online or at my local shops instead.

Good luck and enjoy if you are going, i wished i hadnt bothered would have been better spending the day shooting pigeons on the field out the back.

Top tip if you go in the back gate, less queue (down the side of the airfield)