Land passed for FAC air only - how to get it passed for .17hmr

beesley121

like he says. Every other answer given will mean nowt till you do this

+1

The size of the piece of land is only part of it. It also depends on public footpaths, bridleways, highways, proximity of occupied residences, is the land flat or undulating etc? Your FEO will usually be familiar with the land and know what calibres the land is passed for and under what conditions. Best of luck.

Just be careful how you go about it in Cheshire, there is a female feo who has made a guy sell one rifle so he can get another calibre. I spoke to the guy in question in my local gunshop 2 weeks ago. Apparently she said to him that if she had her way no one would be allowed firearms!! I think he wanted a 22/250 for fox etc and she told him to sell the 223 or he would not get one, I saw the sale go through so I know it's true. The guy also told me that they will not allow .22 or .17hmr for fox in Cheshire. Here, just over the border in Staffs we can, where is the sense in that? Anyway, all the best mate, I just thought that forewarned is forearmed.

Just be careful how you go about it in Cheshire, there is a female feo who has made a guy sell one rifle so he can get another calibre. I spoke to the guy in question in my local gunshop 2 weeks ago. Apparently she said to him that if she had her way no one would be allowed firearms!! I think he wanted a 22/250 for fox etc and she told him to sell the 223 or he would not get one, I saw the sale go through so I know it's true. The guy also told me that they will not allow .22 or .17hmr for fox in Cheshire. Here, just over the border in Staffs we can, where is the sense in that? Anyway, all the best mate, I just thought that forewarned is forearmed.

The above is correct in my experience. I havent tried for 2 of the same calibre but when I get NV?

It really can be depressing when the person providing the service is dead set against the principle. Its far worse than the head of lending saying I like to keep all the money in the bank to avoid risk.

However, I live in Cheshire and now have everything I need - which is a very fair recommendation for the service. They have led me a bit of a dance but we have agreed in the end. Maybe they just want you to demonstrate it really is important to you and you know the detail of the law. That having been said my long retired FEO could look at you and decide suitable or not - a very important asset in a policeman and not something you can train - I hope he's enjoying the salmon and trout fishing !

I got forced to sell a vermin gun when I wanted the hornet. At the time I had 7 listed for vermin and chose the HMR to go something I have become grateful to the cops for as the Hornet does all this and so much more. OK I spoke to BASC firearms and considered fighting it but I was informed it might lead to revocation until the case was won or lost and they were within their rights under guidance notes to get very difficult with me about security and numbers kept so might have resulted in "win the battle loose the war".

If an FEO said that to me about "if I had my way" I should make an official complaint of bias in a public office. I think some forget they work for us and it us the public who foot the bill by taxes and fees.

Talk to your feo not the unit manager and explain what you are doing (high seat ) and why (safety) ask him if he would review your application for a .17 hmr in that light.

If he says no - speak to someone like the firearms expert (Harriman) at BASC e.g. and ask him or whoever to talk to your FEO.

If you work at it they will probably give way - I'd go for both .22 and .17 HMR (rabbit and fox) but explain to your feo if he advises, since HMR is a little too small for fox, would he support your use of a .223, solely from the high seat?

Best way is to get some more land suitable for a .223 and apply after 12 months to get your cert opened. If you need help, I will do what I can.

Cheers.

Talk to your feo not the unit manager and explain what you are doing (high seat ) and why (safety) ask him if he would review your application for a .17 hmr in that light.

If he says no - speak to someone like the firearms expert (Harriman) at BASC e.g. and ask him or whoever to talk to your FEO.

If you work at it they will probably give way - I'd go for both .22 and .17 HMR (rabbit and fox) but explain to your feo if he advises, since HMR is a little too small for fox, would he support your use of a .223, solely from the high seat?

Best way is to get some more land suitable for a .223 and apply after 12 months to get your cert opened. If you need help, I will do what I can.

Cheers.

Thanks mate,

I already have a a .22lr and .17hmr for use on other pieces of land, it's just this particular piece that they only deem safe for fact air. I've no idea who my feo is as I had a stand in when I was granted my licence 12 month ago. I'm guessing I'll just have to ask