Kennel & run

Cookie69

And needs stainless fixings due to those acids ( normal steel looks like its 50 years old after the first 18mnths), that acid also seems to lead to reaction and infection from the numerous splinters you get from it. Though its very good for facias and gable cladding on houses once you find the right paint

yup needs stainless fixings...and the problem is??? So does oak....

why would you get splinters...handle it right no problems...i have been using the stuff for years for all kinds of animal pens...chicken sheds, rabbit hutches ..and its the bees knees for bee hives...

and your mutt should certainly not get any splinters...if you finish it right...of course if you are sloppy with your finish work you might have problems.

and only a few people get reactions to splinters from this..unlike that other stuff...keruing...

light weight...warm and long lasting WITHOUT the need for preservatives....

cant beat it

oh....and why would you want to paint it for gawds sake....OIL it man.....

The photo doesn't really show the run has bars up the wall side, it's about 6" off the wall.

Yes, realised that but the dog will be out of the kennel at some point? When it is and you take your eyes off it for more than a couple of mins, you will find it will be locked on to the cables. It might take it a day or two to work out they are there but be sure, it will, and once it does, it wont rest until it's chewed the living day lights out of them :lol:

The other thing is, once the pup knows they are there to be fair game and chewed, it will do it's up-most to get it's head through the bars to get to the cables. That could end in tragedy. If the dog does manage to chew the cables it will likely be grounded to metal as the bars are so close to the cables.

Metal, water (drain), electricity, and a pup. Not the best combination.

Edited by Bazooka

Ok

I have cleared the area for the hard standing.

I was thinking of concrete ? But the guy who is going to do it for me ( me labouring) has said to slab it , it would be better to look at , cheaper and easier to do??

I would avoid slabs , they are ok at first but the joints go sooner or later , then they get fill up with all sorts of **** and become un hiegenic and take more cleaning down.

Go for a well finished concrete.

yup needs stainless fixings...and the problem is??? So does oak....

why would you get splinters...handle it right no problems...i have been using the stuff for years for all kinds of animal pens...chicken sheds, rabbit hutches ..and its the bees knees for bee hives...

and your mutt should certainly not get any splinters...if you finish it right...of course if you are sloppy with your finish work you might have problems.

and only a few people get reactions to splinters from this..unlike that other stuff...keruing...

light weight...warm and long lasting WITHOUT the need for preservatives....

cant beat it

oh....and why would you want to paint it for gawds sake....OIL it man.....

Costs a fortune and hasn't a patch on the latest Plasics, the issue with stainless fixings is the increased cost for a product that is already as expensive as the far better plastics now available. Paint gives colour options, I used over 100 mtrs of the stuff here and oil wasn't even a starter.

!

Ok

I have cleared the area for the hard standing.

I was thinking of concrete ? But the guy who is going to do it for me ( me labouring) has said to slab it , it would be better to look at , cheaper and easier to do??

Cheaper? yes Better to look at? No! About impossible to clean, hard to bolt down to effectively and never truly stable. The guy who is doing it sounds like he is unsure of how to lay a good slab base or he cant be bothered.

Yes, realised that but the dog will be out of the kennel at some point? When it is and you take your eyes off it for more than a couple of mins, you will find it will be locked on to the cables. It might take it a day or two to work out they are there but be sure, it will, and once it does, it wont rest until it's chewed the living day lights out of them :lol:

The other thing is, once the pup knows they are there to be fair game and chewed, it will do it's up-most to get it's head through the bars to get to the cables. That could end in tragedy. If the dog does manage to chew the cables it will likely be grounded to metal as the bars are so close to the cables.

Metal, water (drain), electricity, and a pup. Not the best combination.

Well I was assuming they were phone or satellite cables! If we are talking mains electric they are too dangerous as they are without a kennel in place. and should be shielded or armoured.

Why comment like this mate?

I used to have a bit of respect for your posts but you seem to have gone up the wall!

Whats wrong with saying he would rather credit someone in having some common sense rather than assume they were a idiot ?

I think you may have misread Kents post .