wiring spot light

colin lad

Wish id seen this earlier id have sent you one got loads of them.

thanks for the offer of a relay but have one now,

but if you don't mind me asking when i wire it,

it has 4 flat pins looking at them the bottom,the left and the right are vertical and the top is horizontal so which 2 do i attach my 2 wires to ?? and do i put it on wire between lamp and switch or battery and switch ??

many thanks colin

Just nicked the visuals from the earlier posts and linked them

As my old boss used to say

KISS

ps Colin - where the wiring diagram says "Ground". just run a wire to your battery negative.

Where it says "Power from ignition switch", run the wire to your battery positive post - that way you will keep the light independent of the ignition (as indeed you appear to have it at the moment)

Edited by amateur

Just nicked the visuals from the earlier posts and linked them

As my old boss used to say

KISS

ps Colin - where the wiring diagram says "Ground". just run a wire to your battery negative.

Where it says "Power from ignition switch", run the wire to your battery positive post - that way you will keep the light independent of the ignition (as indeed you appear to have it at the moment)

thanks yes i would like it independent of the ignition

the sitch has 2 points one goes to 86??

where does the other go??

colin

Edited by colin lad

Colin

I use the fog lights on my disco to drive round when lamping but found the white light to bright so covered the the lamps with a green film and found it a lot better as it does not shine every where and does not scare the animals so much or get some red glass paint and put a thin layer of that on.

Gary

Edited by garygreengrass

Colin

I use the fog lights on my disco to drive round when lamping but found the white light to bright so covered the the lamps with a green film and found it a lot better as it does not shine every where and does not scare the animals so much or get some red glass paint and put a thin layer of that on.

Gary

i have a few sheets of the green red and blue film used for disco lights so shall try some of that,

i brought it a while back to put on headlamps of last car but was a pain when driving from one field to the next having to keep taking it off and on again

colin

• 4 weeks later...