Advice please. PCP choice, but not the usual

JABB

Background: I have sold my HW77k to buy a PCP. I have always liked the look and feel of the AirArms S300 / 400, and I don't mind the look of the BSA Hornet.
I had these in my shopping list to look at, and got the funds last week.

BUT, in stepped Dad. He has Multiple Myloma and is in third stage ( last ). 12 months ago, he bought a BSA Ultra multishot .177, as throughout his life he had had shotguns, rifles and air, and wanted to still retain a gun, albeit to plink tins in the garden. He bought it new, with a scope but no pump, thinking he would buy a bottle. He has now got to the point of no return and has admitted he won't use it and will sell it to me. Basically, he bought it, and was told to store it full. Because he didn't have air, he has locked it away and never fired it. The scope is still boxed, as is everything else. It is a new gun, at family rates. Great I hear you cry, but I don't much like it. It is too short for my liking!!!

What do you guys think? I have approached the selling dealer, who really don't want to know.

sorry but what do we think ???

can I ask about what

cheers Evo

Am I mad not taking the ultra, or would I be better trying to sell an almost new gun to buy a AA or Hornet. Are they all about the same in performance, thus being down to appearance, or do you suffer a little with the ultra being small?

don't be put off by the small size good things come in little packets,i have 10 air rifles,amongst them are hw100 multi shott 22,falcon fn12 22,bsa ultra multishot 177,and what do I always hunt rabbits with,,of course its the ultra,super little rifle my favourite.also put on a bigger silencer.

Edited by hawkfanz

Background: I have sold my HW77k to buy a PCP. I have always liked the look and feel of the AirArms S300 / 400, and I don't mind the look of the BSA Hornet.

I had these in my shopping list to look at, and got the funds last week.

BUT, in stepped Dad. He has Multiple Myloma and is in third stage ( last ). 12 months ago, he bought a BSA Ultra multishot .177, as throughout his life he had had shotguns, rifles and air, and wanted to still retain a gun, albeit to plink tins in the garden. He bought it new, with a scope but no pump, thinking he would buy a bottle. He has now got to the point of no return and has admitted he won't use it and will sell it to me. Basically, he bought it, and was told to store it full. Because he didn't have air, he has locked it away and never fired it. The scope is still boxed, as is everything else. It is a new gun, at family rates. Great I hear you cry, but I don't much like it. It is too short for my liking!!!

What do you guys think? I have approached the selling dealer, who really don't want to know.

I'm a 6 foot 17 stoner and I know exactly what you mean

If the price is right why not, otherwise I'd have a look at the second hand market to see what I can sell it on or swap for