wheat stubble

roadkill

Going to be getting a tx off the farmer this week to say when he has harvested the wheat, I would like to try an afternoon session going into the evening. Only ever done early morning pigeon shooting , so for all you afternoon people is there a good time to be set up by?

Cheers roadkill

Watch the field. See when the birds are there and time your visit accordingly. I think 1pm is plenty early enough, though the pigeons may decide to feed later. This is, of course, presuming that any pigeons use the field at all. It is not inconceivable that pigeons ignore the place you want to shoot.

got my tx to say that the field was ready to shoot, so we went down today about 3ish to set up for the afternoon only to find the downside to afternoon shooting , there were already two guns in the field so that was the end of that plan. My buddy went over to ask if it was ok that we shot in the field behind them as I didn't want to come along and set up and ruin there sport. They were happy so we had to make do with some old barley stubble . We had a few shoots but the birds weren't interested in this field as the one next door was on fire. I spent the few hours we had watching there shooting and they had some cracking shots and must be getting on for a very large bag :)

Ready for the next outing but think we will stick to the early morning

got my tx to say that the field was ready to shoot, so we went down today about 3ish to set up for the afternoon only to find the downside to afternoon shooting , there were already two guns in the field so that was the end of that plan. My buddy went over to ask if it was ok that we shot in the field behind them as I didn't want to come along and set up and ruin there sport. They were happy so we had to make do with some old barley stubble . We had a few shoots but the birds weren't interested in this field as the one next door was on fire. I spent the few hours we had watching there shooting and they had some cracking shots and must be getting on for a very large bag :)

Ready for the next outing but think we will stick to the early morning

Getting there at 3pm is a mistake, especially if there are others that shoot the farm.