New "none statutory forms"

HDAV

SO renewal due later this year, had my reminder so downloading the new forms and came across a couple of "none statutory" ones

http://www.south-wales.police.uk/firearms-explosives-licensing/firearms-explosives-licensing-application-forms/

Application for the Grant or Renewal of a FIREARM Certificate

Please read the guidance document (201A) before completing the Application Form

Application form (201)

LAND-PROFORMA.pdf (724 downloads) (Non statutory form)

TARGET-SHOOTING-PROFORMA.pdf (508 downloads) (Non statutory form)

Before posting your forms, please check our Applicants’ Checklist (Non statutory form)

Anyone else know of other forces doing this?

Not required so don't fill them in, the same information is already required to be filled in on page 3 of Form201.

Any trouble report them to BASC, in fact send David BASC a PM on here to give him a heads up. South Wales are like Durham, trying to play by their own rules.

Edited by phaedra1106

I only have SGC so does not apply to me yet....... I would rather the orgs tackled real member issues like GP charges etc than speculative ones...... seems they are going all out on "above beyond the remit" when a friend renewed with SWP she paid for the medical report as they told her she had to, she didnt know better and i only found after she had paid and the letter been sent.

I'd imagine BASC and the various rifle clubs will do their nut over this. The clubs have only just been relieved of the responsibility of being one of the referees on FAC applications, and here police forces are attempting to bring it back in again by the back door.

From my club, after the 'new' forms came out in December last year :

If you are a target shooting club secretary or official the new licensing process is going to save you a fair bit of time and paperwork.

At last, the requirement for you to act as referee for any club member renewing their Firearm Certificate has been abolished, so if your club has (say) 200 members, this will save you the time, postage and effort required to complete forty forms every year.

Of course your members will still need referees, but now there are NO extra forms to send to them to get lost in the post, or to delay the process.

I'm very surprised these forms haven't become compulsary for applications, given how beaurocratic things are already.

Most landowners seem fine with giving you verbal permission and a contact number, but get a bit dubious when it comes to signing anything, especially when it's plastered in the police force's logo, which could be a problem here. If you were to be pulled over by the police, I doubt they'd take a piece of paper with a scrappy signature on it as permission, as any trespasser could have forged it. If I were a police officer, I'd want the landowner's phone number to give them a ring and ask him myself. My force seem to be going in the right direction, and they no longer ask for written permission for land checks, etc, just their contact number, which I think is much better and more realistic.

On a few occasions I've got verbal permission from a landowner, but when it came to putting pen to paper they start umming and ahhing. Probably something to do with that they feel legally binded, and don't like signing anything that goes to the police. It doesn't do any harm, but it gives the illusion that it does.