Fenland Game Fair

oxfordfowler

Hopefully going with the GF on Monday on the way back from a weekends camping near Beccles in Suffolk.

Just wondering if anyone else off here is going this weekend?.

It's always been a good day out in the past and it's a reasonable size so you can have a good look around and still have time for a go on the clays.

I'll be there all 3 days working the gundog scurry.

Bring your dogs! See you there.

fenman99

is that the one in the water ely wildfowlers used to do one there

might get there sunday or Monday if weather is good

Edited by Konnie

I'm going with husband and father. There are some guns on sale but not many. Last year daddy bought me a side by side :-) Best birthday present ever. I shall shoot but I don't hold out much hope of placing; last year was a tricksy course. Kelmarsh was much easier IMHO.

Every time I take my father to a country fair he gets into long conversations with at least three chaps about his mobility scooter, how it can cope with mud, how steep a hill it can go up. There's got to be a market for off-road mobility vehicles.

Big holes where trade stands usually would be. Too many stands selling exactly the same stuff. Generally felt very poor.

Lots of expensive greasy spoons, even the duck truck down on quality.

Layout was odd, may be me but not impressed.

No Angle Books for my yearly browse and impulsive buy either.

Edited by Tadorna

Waste of time and money. Another one dying a death and will not bother again after today's experience.

I thought last year was poor no where as big as other years. I am going tomorrow and if no improvement it will be my last time . East Anglian is now one of the best ones locally .

I went yesterday it has changed a bit but would disagree there's just the same amount of stalls they have just moved them round a bit towards the clay shooting area. In fact the marquees are bigger than usual with one large one selling hot cooked food etc and another so called crafts one. Anyways I don't go for the stalls it's just a nice day out to watch the arena and stroll around in pleasant company topped up with a few bargains on the way!!!

But I do think the entry is now a bit steep @ £10 a person why don't they say £20 a car as that seems fairer particularly for families !!!!!!

I enjoyed it anyways been going for about 18 years now.....