Fenland Game Fair

oxfordfowler

Went Saturday, it was okay, nice wander round and got a few inexpensive bits from aa decoys. Heard it got turned over last night, falconry trailer stolen and one of the marquees cut open and robbed. I have to say, there were a fair few dodgy types wandering round on Saturday, kept my young pup pretty close!

Edited by mick miller

Hi Fenman , were you on the water retrieve today? I was winning, until beaten by the wife who won a bag of dog food! Despite the rain was a decent day out, but stand 5 completely defeated me!

Yes i was there but because it was quite i had some time to look round!

Clad someone from PW won what was your time?

Yesterday 28sec won, Saturday 32 sec. My lab is now shattered after retrieving the DNF dummys (did not finish) over 3 days.

Good 3 days although Sat was very slow, Sunday over 150 dogs when though manic! Nice cheque will be on its way to the clubs chosen charity.

fenman

I got 25, and she beat me with 23. Then I got 21 later on only to beaten by 18 next dog! Do it every year and I won 3 out of 4 years, but for various reasons never managed to claim my duck flight! Yes it's always fun to watch the dnfs, had to do a bit for you this afternoon

how did you get on shooting??

colin

Bloody terrible! It's a proper country fair so lots of far away stuff that isn't my strength. When I say strength I mean "within my abilities" ;-)

Now you say that I realise that I didn't put my card in. Oops! That's bad form. I was going to re-enter but some friends turned up and we went to play with the black powder guns instead. Got to love a gun that goes WHOOMP! whilst breaking clay :-) I didn't get around to having a go on the clay snooker either. I managed to buy a gun slip but eveywhere was closing up at 3 o'clock.