Who rates the Nissan Navara 2005 onwards?

Southfields

We don't have one any more, but they're very good. Like virtually all vehicles though, there are a few points to look out for ...

Servicing. Make sure the history is perfect. If it isn't, walk away. Some were on 'extended' service intervals. (15,000 miles between oil changes). I'd be very dubious about any of those.

Ex-company vehicles. When the D40 navara came out, it had a lot more torque than the old D22. Company drivers (power companies, etc) would drive them hard, and could easily wreck the driveshafts/halfshafts.

The rear seats seem quite low. So rear passengers can feel like their knees are up in the air. Not comfortable on long journeys.

They are HUGE. A foot longer than a Range Rover ! Bear that in mind for parking, driveways, etc.

We had ours for 2 years/40-odd k miles, and it was fine. Averaged 33-35 mpg (manual box, 2.5diesel).

A friend last year changed his 2006 for a new one. He had it since new, and I think it had something like 140k on it when he sold it. Only fault it had was the halfshafts, fixed under warranty at a year old.

I do 30,000 miles a year in one and have had very few problems. Sailed through MOT every year only had to change the track rod end last year to pass. Only thing is they eat front wheel bearings and propshaft UV joints, have to change mine approx. every 18 months but both are an easy job to do yourself.

I have been told the clutch goes at somewhere around 70,000 miles, I'm still on the original after 160,000 and also the timing chain can stretch causing problems from around 80,000 but also not had that problem.

I can only echo what robbiep says above they are huge, if you don't have somewhere large and private to park you will struggle, I find if I go into the town I can drive around for ages trying to find a space big enough, this is not helped by the lack of turning circle.

My son has had one for a couple of years now, used everyday for his work plus we use it for our Wildfowling trips to Scotland. Completely loaded to the gunnels, it is a great bit of kit. He's main claim is that it towed my Range Rover out of a very boggy field and has never let me forget it. LOL

Brought mine in 2009, KingCab 2.5

Kept it until May of this year and apart from using a small amount of oil it was brilliant.

Went everywhere and cruised in the 80's through France. ( have a spare set of LHD headlights if anyone needs some)

Only sold it to accommodate a growing family but would not hesitate to get another in the future.

Jay

Ian g is referring to the D22 which was pre 06 and a different shape they have problems with the bottom ends but there is a modification to stop this happening so if you go for a D22 make sure they have had it modified by Bilcar engineering and see a receipt. The new (well newest) one the D40 does not have this problem but as I say above some are having problems with the timing chain stretching, again bilcar engineering do an uprated chain which stops this happening.

Mine is an 06 I bought it just over 4 years ago with 32,000 miles on it and as I say not much has had to be replaced.

I have a 2010 teckna double cab . Fabulous truck that has more toys than the playpen . Averages 30 to the gallon and pulls like a two bit whore . Drives like acar on the motor way and very versatile off road . I recommend them very highly . Just come up to 40,000 miles with no problems other than servicing and a new prop shaft bearing . Guess you will see others that slate them .

Harnser

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new 2012 Tekna and love it! its only just done 14k so doesnt see a lot of action. Great trucks but Nissan customer care is pathetic and is the main thing that will put me of getting another one! It has taken them 6 months to approve a new front seat (the second time its been replaced) many other aftercare issues but the truck itself is sound.