Wrasse - Canada Goose of the sea?

hedd-wyn

I think the French eat them a fair bit, question is why do people kill stuff only to give it away to someone who might not even want it or know how to cook it? Its like the recent Mullet thread with six dead try one don't like it and the other go were?. I suggest kill one try it before killing any more or having to give them away, I am "nearly" always ready to try a thing once and give one away to friends if they are good but it should be done with any prep required and some ideas on how to cook it. Catch and release should always be an option but let us know what you do with it and how they are as table fish :good:

Very good. What was the rabbit stewed in?

With homebrewed mead, onion, bacon, carrots and prunes.

I floured the rabbit first, then browned them off then threw everything together and put in the oven for an hour covered in foil.

Stunning

Edited by hedd-wyn

With homebrewed mead, onion, bacon, carrots and prunes.

I floured the rabbit first, then browned them off then threw everything together and put in the oven for an hour covered in foil.

Stunning

Looks lovely. When the weather turns a bit colder I will be regularly making some rabbit stews.

Looks lovely. When the weather turns a bit colder I will be regularly making some rabbit stews.

It's the best way in my opinion Ollie. Its a sure way of getting the older ones tender. I stewed one last winter with hobrewed stout, now that was a proper winter warmer :)