BSA superten questions

team tractor

Er, I've not heard of a three stage safety catch I'm afraid! I can help you with the mk of the gun

Ignore the fact that one's a carbine, the thing you're looking at is the stock. The Mk1 stock has the prominent lump on the bottom of the stock where your hand is supposed to go, the Mk 2 is a straight bottom. The Mk3 is altogether more curved off underneath and it's got a shaped end to fit the bottle. Mechanically, they're all pretty much the same.

post-26888-0-78584800-1408580736_thumb.jpg

The safety thing is a new one on me. what does it do? surely there's just off and on

team tractor, on 21 Aug 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:team tractor, on 21 Aug 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

It seems to have 3 positions but only does on or off.

It's got a thumb hole stock fitted so I can't tell still :(

It's got an after market bottle fitted that's slim all the way up

Sounds like a Tiger ten to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdQSp9Jeuw

Steve.

Edited by PLAGUE

The TigerTen was basically a fettled SuperTen inside, but with a slightly different stock - one of which was a thumbhole. It was sold under the name Stalker. You could also get a cylinder version as opposed to just the buddy bottle you got with the SuperTen. They will, however say TigerTen on the side and not SuperTen, so it's usually pretty obvious which one you have. Personally i much prefer the looks of the SuperTen mk 3. It's a bit more sleek and polished looking, but with the same high quality as the original model. Have you got some photos of it?

In terms of shot count, assuming it's a BSA with a buddy bottle, I think you're looking at about 180-200 shots for a .22 and 150-170 for a .177. The pressure for either gun is 230 bar.

To remove the bottle:

1)Before attempting to remove the buddy bottle apply the safety catch by sliding it towards the rear of the rifle to cover the red dot. Pull the bolt back to the rear position and drop the handle into its retaining slot. This will cock the rifle; next remove the magazine.

2)To avoid damage to the buddy bottle “O” ring, which can result in leaks, it is essential to first close the valve in the bottle by unscrewing it one full turn; this prevents the bottle from re-filling the regulator.

3) There will still be some compressed air in the rifle’s regulator. To release this, point the gun at a safe target, take off the safety catch and fire the gun several times. Repeat the firing-cycle until the muzzle discharge becomes quieter and all the air is expelled.

4) If the muzzle report is still loud after firing the gun 8-10 times, unscrew the bottle a further quarter turn and repeat the process. Once the regulator is empty the bottle can easily be un-screwed.

This is all assuming you have a buddy bottle SuperTen! i don't really know how the TigerTen is filled as I've never had one

Edited by chrisjpainter

It seems to have 3 positions but only does on or off.

It's got a thumb hole stock fitted so I can't tell still :(

It's got an after market bottle fitted that's slim all the way up

There's a 3 position safety on mine , the middle setting seams to do nothing , never really took any notice until your mentioned it :)