My First Time-an interview with old bill

lakeside1000

I do wonder at the general public though, where do they think we get live wood pigeons from, how do we train them to flap in short bursts and how do the birds keep up the flapping for several hours without tiring.

You might want to try: Italy, France, Spain and Portugal.

Italian and French shooters use high hides: scaffolding like structure up to 20+ mt high and place their flying and flapping birds on top of the trees surrounding the hide and let them fly or flap depending on the situation.

It's a very demanding and very sophisticated form of shooting which requires years of experience training and painting the pigeons (wings and neck) and deep knowledge of the quarry, their attitudes, the winds and the flying trajectories (don't forget that they mostly shoot migrants birds). It's an art to be able to train pigeons, built and maintain hides like that, train the dogs to retrieve and be able to judge a flight and what tactic to use to attract them within shooting distance.

There are also competition for the best pigeon breed (the ones that look more like woodies and require less painting)

Spanish and Portuguese use normal hides and place the flapping pigeons on top of olive trees to attract the flights towards them. It's less sophisticated and less spectacular than the above but equally effective.

It is obvious that the person reporting you knew these things :lol:

I fail to see where the Police acted badly, or wrongly here???

But as usual this forum has its usual bunch of ignorant plums............

+1

Also, whats wrong with letting the police know where you are shooting? It means if they get a 'concerned' member of the public calling them, they can reply that they are aware and everything is in order, without needing to send a cop out to check.........

Have you ever known the police to come strait to the point when asking questions?

I do that most of the time to be honest. If someone is innocent the situation can be resolved very quickly and if they are guilty you can tell by the look on their face as they don't have time to think up an excuse. Fanny about asking lots of questions and they can usually work out where it's headed and plan ahead.