Kreighoff K80 Super Sport

figgy

Looking for reviews on the Kreighoff K80 SuperSport from people who own or shot them.

I know there not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm not interested in a Perazzi as I'm looking for a heavier gun for soaking up recoil not a lighter faster handling gun with a floor board for a stock. when paying a lot of money I'd like a nice piece of timber on a gun.

Ps I've shot both Kreighoff and Perazzi and though both nice I'm looking at Kreighoff.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

If I can ever afford one that's what I want,

Saw the one I wanted last year, used with upgraded wood, £6500

Had a few shots with it and couldn't miss.....

*swoon*

:shaun:

It's used ones I'm looking at around three four years old.

A few people at our club have them and I've shot them, very nice to shoot, only thing I don't like is the prices. Looking for a nice looking one.

How many actually get them serviced every year or at least regularly. Are there any faults that come up with them? Ejectors firing pins etc?

Figgy

There's quite a few for sale at Malmo guns.

I know your not after the trap version but Malmo guns lent me 3 trap guns MX8, MX20005 and the Krieghoff they were all excellent to shoot. The actual shooting of the different guns were quite similar, but the Krieghoff was only slightly heavier that's all.

I'm sure after a while shooting a heavy or light gun you'll get use to it.

3d70bd044582135b9d7196b301484f85_zps0a48

That Perazzi in the middle looks nice, but some fool has built some scaffolding on the barrels :lol:

The prices on Perazzi seem to have shot up in the last couple of years.

Will the gun I shoot now is quite light, but I fancy a change and a heavier gun can only help with felt recoil.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Erm...that's the one I bought in the end...lol

Yes I get the pee taken out of me when I yield it for some DTL destruction, but it suits me very well.

Back to the Krieghoff, I'd quiet happily shoot a sporter if I didn't have my MX2000s. Not everyone's cup of T the K guns but I like them.

Edited by Will Poon

Ha ha it would have to be the one you bought its a good looking gun will. Sure that rib comes off and a sporter type rib can be fitted if you wanted to use the same gun.

Just looked at a review in shooting uk or something and only two years ago the K80 was around 8k new, gosh good value as you could sell it for more today.

Today they are around 12k new ouch, so much for low inflation.

Figgy

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Krieghoff_Shotgun_K80-Super-Sport_For-Sale_140320102040001

Cheapest new I could find,Still a 2010 gun,so been on a shelf for a while.This is good value considering the engraving which makes a massive difference to the new price.I have plantaition scroll which was 3300 extra when the first owner took delivery.

Nevilles and mid wales have some good value guns,what would you like to spend?

Our guns go back to Alan Rhone bi annually, I like the fact the history is checkable.

Be warned there are no Kreigoff spares as the importers will not sell them to the trade . Therefore if any any service or repair is needed the gun has to go back to the importer ,so this will entail shipping costs on top of ant work undertaken .Same as Blaser the importer wants to hold a monopoly on the guns they sell and any spares or work that the gun may need in the future.

Be warned there are no Kreigoff spares as the importers will not sell them to the trade . Therefore if any any service or repair is needed the gun has to go back to the importer ,so this will entail shipping costs on top of ant work undertaken .Same as Blaser the importer wants to hold a monopoly on the guns they sell and any spares or work that the gun may need in the future.

Had a look online and they will send spares out to you to fit yourself like ejector springs etc. hoping that a gun of that price won't need much for a long time.

Figgy

Gordon your right, I think it's far to often most folk I've spoken to get there's done every other year or three years depending on how much you shoot, some have never had theirs serviced for lots of years.

Most manufacturers state you should get an annual service.

Some will shoot more in one year than I will in five.

Figgy

Had a look online and they will send spares out to you to fit yourself like ejector springs etc. hoping that a gun of that price won't need much for a long time.

Figgy

That's not what they told me on the phone on Thursday when I asked about strikers springs etc. so someone's not telling the truth .

I had a look on the Kreighoff site and people on there were discussing fitting there own parts and trimming back ejector springs so the gun will close as they come too long, others were on about other parts.

I did read one post on trigger problem that Alan said bring it to me to fix but lad was in South Africa so he would email him fixes.

So you might well be right, they don't sell parts anymore. Sure there is a way to get them from Europe or America.

I take it from your post that you have a Plantation Scroll K80, very nice looking gun with better grade of wood fitted to them.

Not as easy to find one with good wood at the right price as I first thought.

Figgy

He has to catch that pig first Hawkeye to raid it. He did shoot very well with it though to be fair.

Kdubya you need to get one and join the club mate. You can get the pro rib if you want it higher and adjustable, I can see a couple more getting one before to long. Andy wouldn't have a go as he wants one and temptation is too much.

Figgy

Edited by figgy