Browning B725 Black edition 12 gauge

ginge_afc

The only downside to the 692 iv found, is there is a lot more cast than usual and the combs on the sporters are low.I'd recommend the adjustable stock version for the sporter.

I picked up a 692 with adjustable stock and it was set at its highest setting half inch gap Iirc with all its washers fitted and no room for more, it was just barely high enough for me. Dealer said he was having a hell of a job selling them as they're far to low for most people. Your not going to buy a adjustable stock and then put a comb raiser on it :lol:

Have seen a few with darker nicer timber in the past couple of months. I like the honey colour with dark figuring but not for everyone.

Figgy

Apparently there is a choice of stock dimensions from Beretta, but GMK went for the dimensions that would fit the average Yank.... Rather than average Brit

I picked up a 692 with adjustable stock and it was set at its highest setting half inch gap Iirc with all its washers fitted and no room for more, it was just barely high enough for me. Dealer said he was having a hell of a job selling them as they're far to low for most people. Your not going to buy a adjustable stock and then put a comb raiser on it :lol:

Have seen a few with darker nicer timber in the past couple of months. I like the honey colour with dark figuring but not for everyone.

Figgy

App

Edited by chrispti

Figgy

That is the exact problem I have, the comb is so low you have to buy and adj stock which is an extra £2-300 and then even that is wound right out and is ony just enough.

Im sure in 5 years beretta will bring out a black action like they did with the 682 which would make me just want one of them :)

I went from a 692 to a B725 sporter with the adjustable comb. The Browning handled better for me and my style of shooting, the barrels on the Beretta were very lively where as the Browning seems steadier. Gun fit is better too, the comb height has been left at factory settings.

I agree, the combs on the latest Beretta's are far to low for the average UK shooter. I prefer the barrel selector and safety on the Browning also. It feels tighter and less likely to switch barrels accidentally, as can happen with Berettas.

Can't say the DS chokes loosening have been an issue either and the patterns have been spot on, even with 1/4 in each barrel taking out some good distance clays. Carts on that day were Eley First 28g plastic wad No 8s. Would be interesting to see what breaks and patterns I get with my favoured Hull Pro 1.

The build quality did it for the Browning as well. The wood to metal fit is excellent, as is the wood quality. Pics to follow. IMO, the 725 is streets ahead of Silver Pigeon Sporter.

The 692's ( and most other Berettas for that matter) wood work will benefit with a few, good rubs with a conditioning oil. My 692 darkened after a few workings. The first layer of walnut oil virtually got sucked in to the wood before I had chance to really palm it in.

Interesting,

I found the 725 32" front heavy and the 30" with adjustable comb back heavy, so a 30" sporter or a 32" with adj comb was the way to go.

The stock dimensions on the 725 were what put me off most, as the gun kicked me severely.

I must disagree on the safety catch though, Browning/ Miroku safety catches are anything but tight and positive feeling whereas Berettas are just that, and I have never accidentally changed barrels on either.

For Brownings first attempt at a Beretta, they did a good job.

I've found with the Berettas I've owned, and others I've shot, the barrel selector could be accidentally switched whilst opening the gun. Ok, user error on that part but they seemed to move a little to easily. The Brown/Miroku type switch seems more solidly built. In my opinion anyway.

My old 682 Gold E had to go back to GMK to have the selector switch fettled as it would some times move over half way after the first shot, blocking the second shot. Not good on quick simo pairs haha.

My 725 is the 30" S1 sporter with adjustable comb. The grades 5s are lovely bits of kit to look at.

went down to the shop today, held both and shot both but ended up coming away with a new 32" adj combe 725 black ed.

For me i prefer the look of it compared to the 692, the wood is far better on the 725. the 725 felt well balanced for me and swang lovely and smooth although the 692 was nice and quick. i dont know why but i just felt the 725 looked like a better finish than the beretta.

I must also highly recomend everybody tries the bornaghi 28g fibre clay catridge, what a beaut of a cart, very very clean, fast at 1500 fps and low recoil! cheap aswell

went down to the shop today, held both and shot both but ended up coming away with a new 32" adj combe 725 black ed.

For me i prefer the look of it compared to the 692, the wood is far better on the 725. the 725 felt well balanced for me and swang lovely and smooth although the 692 was nice and quick. i dont know why but i just felt the 725 looked like a better finish than the beretta.

I must also highly recomend everybody tries the bornaghi 28g fibre clay catridge, what a beaut of a cart, very very clean, fast at 1500 fps and low recoil! cheap aswell

saw a 32 inch brld black725 . fantastic piece of wood at kexby fieldsports ltd. yesterday give him a call its a good price i was going to have it plumpt for a grd 5 725 30 inch instead

• 2 months later...